BOOK; RESCUE SQUAD

Today the Author Larry Ferazani of Cambridge Ma passed away. In 1974 his book was a runner up to Dennis Smiths Book Report from E 82. His writing style was similar to Dennis, he was able to put you in the back of the Rescue Squad from Cambridge Mass. A fun and good read.
RESQD.jpg

Sorry to hear about Larry Ferazani. He also wrote The Last Spartans and The Maltese Cross in 2000.

Another good read from Cambridge is Where It Was Hot by Connie O'Brien in 1998. He did 40 years in the Cambridge Fire Department going out as a Deputy Chief. His description of the student riots in1968 in Harvard Yard make East New York look like a country club. Harvard students put a brick through the windshield of Engine 6 where he was the officer. They severely injured his MPO...who had won the Silver Star as a tank commander in WWII!

Last edited:
I found the book Rescue Squad by Larry Ferazani to be of the same Great Quality as Report from Engine 82.

I never really liked reading books, but I had no trouble with these two books keeping my interest.

I think both books were the beginning of others to come with regards to the job firefighters did.

My wife went to the house in Harvard Square to get him to autograph it for a Christmas gift. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Today the Author Larry Ferazani of Cambridge Ma passed away. In 1974 his book was a runner up to Dennis Smiths Book Report from E 82. His writing style was similar to Dennis, he was able to put you in the back of the Rescue Squad from Cambridge Mass. A fun and good read.
View attachment 11302
I enjoyed "Rescue Squad" as well, I have a copy in my collection. Sorry to hear of his passing. Prayers for his loved ones.