Brooklyn FDNY/MVA Box 2688*Late*

apporx.18:24 @ Ft. Hamilton & 60 St.

TL114 Involved in MVA w/Civilians Pinned

Sqd.1, Res.2, Lad.147, Btn.40 Assigned

Btn. 40: 10-2 Rescue & Squad; Civilian Victims Extricated

Btn.40: Assign Dept. Tow for TL114

Last edited:
Nothing against R & S but why are they assigned to auto extrications? Every truck in the city is equipped and always seem to get job done wo other units assistance. Unless maybe it's multiple vehicles involved

Nothing against R & S but why are they assigned to auto extrications? Every truck in the city is equipped and always seem to get job done wo other units assistance. Unless maybe it's multiple vehicles involved
Just a guess but the Rescues & Squads carry advanced extrication equipment such as Paratech struts and heavy rigging equipment (griphoist/slings/shackles/chains) that are used to secure and unstable vehicle. I'm pretty sure most truck companies just carry a basic set of Hurst tools and cribbing.

I would say if it was my Family members trapped in an auto i would want as much expertise & experience as well as more varied tools & equipment on the way other than just having what "always seems to get the job done"..... just in case.

One of the Batt Chiefs I drove when I was a back up Aide always said "Its better to have them on the way and not need them then to need them and not have them on the way". He would always go for the extra 1 and 1 or the extra alarm because of that.

Just yesterday B-20 had a pin job on the Hutch, a car fell from the New England Thruway onto the Parkway.

B-20 reported that R & SQ are working to extricate the patient, was finally extricated at 33 minutes of the incident.

apporx.18:24 @ Ft. Hamilton & 60 St.

TL114 Involved in MVA w/Civilians Pinned

Sqd.1, Res.2, Lad.147, Btn.40 Assigned

Btn. 40: 10-2 Rescue & Squad; Civilian Victims Extricated

Btn.40: Assign Dept. Tow for TL114
Hope the brothers & civilian ok