Budget Cuts

With the city asking all agencies for more budget cuts could we be looking at more firehouse closures?

E

EDDIBOO

ONLY IF THE DEMOCRATS HAVE THEIR WAY  SO MORE MONEY COULD GO TO HEALTH AND HOSPITALS

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
I would think closing houses/units would be the last thing.  I am sure they could find the money some place.  As well they are always looking to increase money coming from EMS / Fire Prevention.

E

EDDIBOO

A PROGRAM SHOULD BE ENFORCED TO KEEP HIGH RISES SAFE  WORKING STANDPIPES  ETC

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Well as far as new programs they won't do anything until the decide the cuts. 
There is a Fire Prevention unit called the "Hi-Rise unit" that tests the systems something like once a year.

dont ask me where i heard this "but i heard that these cuts will be more annoying then devastating more along the line of Work more with less

E

EDDIBOO

MAYBE DO YOUR OWN TUNE UPS ON THE TRUCKS  MOST LIKELY NO UNIFORM ALLOWANCE PAY FOR OWN CLEANING

i work for matinence for the nyc board of ed all that  really is happening to us is no ot unless its for an emergency, and no replacement if someone is out sick and a few other minor inconveniences (plus im sure even with the fdny,ems,and nypd and including me we go through this shit every years so its nothing new). i just except when bush is gone from office the economy will fix itself(just my thought).

Bulldog

Bulldog
The financial crisis will fix itself unless Democrats get elected.  If they do all bets are off since they will raise taxes on it every one who works for a living to give it to those who don't!

E

EDDIBOO

IF OBAMA GETS ELECTED  MORE MONEY FROM THE WORKERS TO THE NON WORKERS

EDDIBOO said:
ONLY IF THE DEMOCRATS HAVE THEIR WAY  SO MORE MONEY COULD GO TO HEALTH AND HOSPITALS
there not going to close fires houses who is going to save the people that would be the bigest idiot move