Busy New Haven Fire Department is hiring

Medics are stretched thin throughout the state. Especially in the NHFD

I took the test and was called in 1978 I was #4 on the list, went to NH for finger prints, etc. Next thing Chief tells me he can't hire me, nice man, almost had tears in his eyes. He told me the city's mayor (or someone like that) would not allow anyone from out of state to be hired. He took me in his office and asked if I took any other exams, and told him the ones I did. He wrote a letter a reference for 4 other departments for me on the spot, Never forget.

I took the test and was called in 1978 I was #4 on the list, went to NH for finger prints, etc. Next thing Chief tells me he can't hire me, nice man, almost had tears in his eyes. He told me the city's mayor (or someone like that) would not allow anyone from out of state to be hired. He took me in his office and asked if I took any other exams, and told him the ones I did. He wrote a letter a reference for 4 other departments for me on the spot, Never forget.

Great story "JohnnyGage".

Just a thought here, "the Chief probably didn't want to hire you because he already knew that you were assigned to L.A. County Fire Departments "Squad 51" and saw you every week on the top rated T.V. Show "EMERGENCY".

Well, as many of us here know everything worked out for you.
You caught your share of work and even got to work with "Lt. Q" during some of their busiest years.