CPT JIM GRANEY ...LAST TOUR.

I had the opportunity to work with Jimmy when he was in TL-33 and I was in 59 Truck (The Blue Devils). We became good friends. Wonderful guy, great family and a terrific Fireman...

Capt Graney, 37 years is a long time on the job. I'm sure you have some stories to tell. I wish you all the best for many happy and healthy years of retirement to come.

I can just guess that if guys like "68jk09" and "jkal" on here speak highly of you, that puts you right at the Top of the List.

I know in the fire dept there is a saying: "Don't brag about yourself - let others do it for you". I guess that kind of says it all.

Of course maybe you worked with our administrator here and another great guy both now retired FDNY. That would be "jbendick" and "69METS" who also worked the very busy "Animal House" on Jerome Ave in the Bronx.

Best wishes and enjoy.

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos

Captain James E. Graney was appointed as a firefighter on September 7th, 1983. He began his career as a firefighter in Ladder 33 in the South Bronx. Known as “The Animal House, L33/E75 was one of the bussiest firehouses in the country at the time.

Up until his retirement, Captain Graney was one of the most highly decorated active officers, with citations for roof rope rescues and saving children among his many accolades. He has been the recipient of many prestigious medals including the Chief Joseph B. Martin Medal, the Fire Chiefs Association Memorial Medal and the Frank W. Kridel Medal. (Read about them in the following photos).

Since 2004, Captain Graney has led the members of Engine Company 22, training his
probies to reach their full potential and instilling some of his vast wealth of knowledge and expirience in his men.

Have a happy retirement Captain, you will be missed!

Last edited:

jbendick

Administrator
Congratulations Jimmy It was pleasure to work with you. We had many good times on Jerome Ave. You are one hell of a firemen and great person. It was my honor to call you my friend .