E206 area

I was detailed there from L 112 on occasion, you either had a restful night or you were up all night at some job that required the foam rig. I watched the sunrise from 9PM on 8th Av in Manhattan with an asbestos leak from manholes, ugh. The firehouse was nutty, too. They kept count of every stick of butter, an officer would come into the rec room to lower volume on tv, and other cukoo stuff. Oh yeah, boy the Captain got really mad at me when I parked in HIS spot, not knowing...and the Captain was my neighbor I found out later, but he was still sore.
What did they get? Mostly class 3’s and EMA runs in those industrial buildings?

What did they get? Mostly class 3’s and EMA runs in those industrial buildings?
It was an industrial area, closed down at night. Usually quiet with the usual dumpster fires and abandoned car fires. Or, an all night factory job, or some lousy foam run.

^^^^^ In regard to 206 above here is a post i made awhile ago on another FDNY History site.....When i was appt to LAD*108 in 1968 ENG*206 then was in our BN the 35.....bunks had mosquito netting due to Newtown Creek nearby ....206's FH (still standing but now a few civilian occupancies later) had 2 doors but a wall down the middle separated both halves on all 3 floors...206 was on the left hand side & the right hand side was lettered for LAD*133 (never organized till 1998 & in South Jamaica not on Metropolitan Av) that side was pretty rundown & basically used for storage .....the 1st floor had some old hand & horse drawn antiques Rigs that were later moved after refurbishment & displayed at the FDNY Museum & the lower level of the Dept Shops..the 2nd floor of the Truck side was filled with the old WW2 Four Gallon hand pump water extinguishers called "Stirrup Pumps" which i believe the name had something to do with the foldout foot piece that you stepped on to hold down the extinguisher as it got almost empty & you pulled up the pump handle while pumping ...1650736426098.png.....the e bay listing mention's a foot pump but the water was pumped by the handle the foot piece or "stirrup" like used on a horse saddle was to step on when pulling the pump handle up...plenty were around NYC in the '50s & were great fun for kids to play with...many still appear on e bay .....the 3rd floor was filled w/old WW2 steel pot brim all around red CD Helmets many also still appear on e bay....206 while they still had their Hosewagon well into the late '60s (maybe longer but i don't remember) rode with seven FFs & when a FF was detailed there for a tour he would ride in the Officers seat of the Hosewagon blowing the siren & ringing the Bell ....the reason for the Wagon was a carryover from the days when many , many lumberyards etc filled a lot of 206s 1st Due area....towards the end of the Wagon being In service at 206 it was no longer an old time Wagon but actually another regular Pumper w/pumps.... i remember for a short period after SQ*3 had gotten a Pumper... on a few boxes near 237's Qtrs on a Pull Box if all assigned Units were available a Pull Box could give you five Pumpers ....3 Regular ENGs & SQ*3 & 206's 2nd piece.... as far as the 133 lettering over the Truck side the "3"s were commendeered by SQ*3 ( there are a few pictures around showing them on the side of the SQ's Pumper....as far as the "K" from H&L .....well lets just say i know where it is....the rest of the letters i don't know about.....both the old & new 206 Qtrs were flooded when Newtown Creek rose during Hurricane Sandy..... old Qtrs at point at bottom of red bubble.... new Qtrs on Grand at the top of the red bubble... www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=-NDvWrmaHInl5gKEup2IBg&q=1196+Metropolitan+Ave%2C+Brooklyn%2C+NY&oq=1196+metropolitan+ave+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.38l3j0i22i30k1.2262.12070.0.15573.24.23.1.0.0.0.83.1506.23.23.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.24.1512...0j0i131k1j0i13k1.0.cDwmeoT7798

Last edited:
It's funny how a house seems to be belittled a bit for being "nutty" while another is praised as a full-fledged "Nut House."