EARLY IRON.

This was the first rig I bought at 20 yrs old for 6k,  1978 Dodge Warlock. 318 engine, 3 speed on the floor, bucket seats, gold pinstripping, am/fm stereo. Fun truck to drive, a few more modifications I could have had my own EMERGENCY SQUAD 51 rig!... Alas, had it for two years, then had to trade it for something practical that could accomodate a baby seat and diapers...

Screenshot-2019-10-20-07-21-29-1.png

"55 Chevy's were great cars....i had two at different times in the late '60s / early '70s..... the first one had a transplanted '65 327 mated to an automatic....the second one had an original 265 with 283 heads mated to a Hurst 4 speed....neither one were show class but they both were straight & ran great.....wish i still had at least one.

I just noticed that some of my previous post inks above did not refresh when the new server went online awhile ago ....i hit "edit" then "save" & the links are now functioning again.

"55 Chevy's were great cars....i had two at different times in the late '60s / early '70s..... the first one had a transplanted '65 327 mated to an automatic....the second one had an original 265 with 283 heads mated to a Hurst 4 speed....neither one were show class but they both were straight & ran great.....wish i still had at least one.
Don't we all?

I was going through the Big D in 1982. Decided to ditch my Volare and bought a reconstructed black 55 with a 327 to have "fun" from a fireman. During this time I was called from DCFD to FDNY. I had parked the car in proby parking lot first week of school, brought some attention from the instructors then they noticed my red IAFF decal and wondered "who was this guy?"... talk about staying under the radar, one instructor broke my shoes: kept telling me "this ain't DC anymore". Guess he did a little investigating. Lucky for me, I joined a carpool thereafter. Gave the car to my brother when I bought a used Merc Cougar to go back and forth to Bronx, he wrecked it.

I just noticed that some of my previous post inks above did not refresh when the new server went online awhile ago ....i hit "edit" then "save" & the links are now functioning again.

*** Yes Chief, on a side note that is exactly what is required for any older links the guys posted before the changeover need to be revisited by the original poster and then hit "edit" and "save". The link will then work. I've been trying to catch up on mine too. ***

Like so many of us, don't we wish we had our old 1955 Chevys still with us. I remember buying my first used car for $100.00. A beautiful '55 Chevy that was built solid, like a tank. I guess you could say it was Willy's first buff mobile.

And how many of those Drive in movies did guys like us go to with our latest lady friend and maybe a little "taste" hidden away for something to go with the fresh hot buttered pop corn we bought at the refreshment stand.

Great story too Dan, aka "Johnny Gage".

P.S. - By the way Chief JK, "Happy Birthday to the Mrs on this Valentines Day".

Last edited:
Back around '70 I had a '64 Wagon as my ghetto cruiser....it also had a pushbutton transmission selector....funny now many new GM Trucks have a pushbutton trans selector but now they are electronic the old ones were cable.