EMS Officers

So I have a pretty good idea of what LTs, CPTs, Battalion Chiefs on the fire side. But what about on in EMS. I know LTs are Condition XX, and Captains are Battalion XX. So where are LTs assigned to? Do they have responsibility of some stations within a battalion? Same question for the Captains. And when do they response to what sort of calls?

So I have a pretty good idea of what LTs, CPTs, Battalion Chiefs on the fire side. But what about on in EMS. I know LTs are Condition XX, and Captains are Battalion XX. So where are LTs assigned to? Do they have responsibility of some stations within a battalion? Same question for the Captains. And when do they response to what sort of calls?
Lieutenants and Captains are assigned to a Station, they are supervisors. Captains usually arnt seen on the road.

MCIIncidentB
L
S
A
L
S
C
O
N
D
2110-75112
222nd Alarm5*24*
233rd Alarm6*35*
244th Alarm7*36*
255th Alarm8*37*
27Medical Facility111
28Correctional Fclty212
29Explosives1-1
30Explosion212
31Transit/Rail424
32Grnd Trans211
33Structure Collapse312
34Construction211
35Confined/Trench222
36Tunnel212
38Marine211
40Aircraft646
42Civil Disturbance1-1
43Hostage1-1
44Power Failure1-1
50Active Shooter3-1
50Rescue Task Force3-1
59Other MCI1--
60Major Response324
66Mem Extrcb11-
76HiRise-Commer323
77HiRise-Resident323

Most Stations have two Lieutenants on duty. One sits on the desk and completes administrative duties while the second rides in the Conditions Car in an operational capacity. Captains have more administrative responsibilities, but can also be on the road as per their preference or the needs of the service.

Ok, that’s sense about the LTs and CPTs, but to carry my inquiry what’s the roles and responsibilities for Deputy Chiefs, Division Chiefs and Deputy Assistant? Or is it kind of self explanatory where a Division Chief and Deputy Assistant Chief have administrative responsibilities for their assigned areas and can kind of be on the road and respond to critical incidents as they see fit or are dispatched? And lastly, if a Division Chief is in charge of division, what sort of role it there for a Deputy Chief?

I appreciate all the responses. It’s just really easy to find what officers do on the fire side but EMS is kind of murky. I’m considering FDNY EMS so there’s also a sort of personal interest in these questions.

Ok, that’s sense about the LTs and CPTs, but to carry my inquiry what’s the roles and responsibilities for Deputy Chiefs, Division Chiefs and Deputy Assistant? Or is it kind of self explanatory where a Division Chief and Deputy Assistant Chief have administrative responsibilities for their assigned areas and can kind of be on the road and respond to critical incidents as they see fit or are dispatched? And lastly, if a Division Chief is in charge of division, what sort of role it there for a Deputy Chief?

I appreciate all the responses. It’s just really easy to find what officers do on the fire side but EMS is kind of murky. I’m considering FDNY EMS so there’s also a sort of personal interest in these questions.
Deputies are in administratively in charge of a grouping of stations within the division and operational respond in their divisions. Divisions are in charge of the whole division. DACs are in charge of citywide north, Central and South. Additionally there are Chiefs in off line positions like BHS, PSAC, etc.

Deputies are in administratively in charge of a grouping of stations within the division and operational respond in their divisions. Divisions are in charge of the whole division. DACs are in charge of citywide north, Central and South. Additionally there are Chiefs in off line positions like BHS, PSAC, etc.

Ok that clears up those ranks but what does the Chief of EMS do ? I always found it hard to pin down exactly what that person does. Anyone ? … 😬

Ok that clears up those ranks but what does the Chief of EMS do ? I always found it hard to pin down exactly what that person does. Anyone ? … 😬
I think the Chief of EMS is the Chief of FDNY:EMS 🤔