ENG*273.

Thanks Jeff.....this was it....
^^^^^ 4-27-21.....around 0200 hrs.....QNS Box 4400... Prince Street & 40th Road

Outdoor Dining structure on fire with possible extension to the building.

10-75 & 10-70
AVFKD, positive water source has been established, trucks checking for extension.

273/129 first due.

10-75 & 10-70
AVFKD, positive water source has been established, trucks checking for extension.

273/129 first due.
yup thats the one

Anyone know what they are going to do with it? Repair it? Get them a new one? Anyone know the year and make?

10-75 & 10-70

273/129 first due.
yes that was the job.

Soda-acid not kidding! I remember two times we had to change those plastic light covers and the Mars light because they melted. Didn’t bother repainting the paint, that was like a tattoo!
Shops would just give us the light covers to stock or we would borrow them off the spare rigs we stored at quarters.

Soda-acid not kidding! I remember two times we had to change those plastic light covers and the Mars light because they melted. Didn’t bother repainting the paint, that was like a tattoo!
Shops would just give us the light covers to stock or we would borrow them off the spare rigs we stored at quarters.
Where was that at GeoC? I'm curious.

Where was that at GeoC? I'm curious.
Where or when? Had to be early 70’s. I was in L131 in Red Hook, first with two 3 story frame buildings. I remember the 32 Bn Chief physically pulling out the inside team before buildings just flashed over. No radios for everyone then! Hot in front of building, couldn’t use bucket.
Second time on the Gowanus Canal. We went down an alley thinking the fire was outside rubbish. Oops! 4 story factory on the canal with fire out the first floor windows. No way to back out, rig took a beating and we got an atta boy! M9 came in and saved our butts.

Where or when? Had to be early 70’s. I was in L131 in Red Hook, first with two 3 story frame buildings. I remember the 32 Bn Chief physically pulling out the inside team before buildings just flashed over. No radios for everyone then! Hot in front of building, couldn’t use bucket.
Second time on the Gowanus Canal. We went down an alley thinking the fire was outside rubbish. Oops! 4 story factory on the canal with fire out the first floor windows. No way to back out, rig took a beating and we got an atta boy! M9 came in and saved our butts.
Thanks Geo, good Red Hook history, I appreciate your response! I'd love to hear more about Red Hook, seemed like a whole unique area onto itself, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Dan coming from an author of your renown, (I read your post), that’s a compliment. Your correct Red Hook is a ‘unique’ area, cut off by BQE an Bklyn Battery Tunnel it’s its own world sometimes. But that’s just geography.
As for FDNY stories we had Ship Fires (the scariest), warehousing, factories, NYC Projects, residential and Brownstones in Carrol Gardens. But like any FireHouse it’s the Firefighters that made the work. I was blessed to work there.
When my memories kick in of the 11 yrs I worked there I’ll share them as I love talking about how great we were, I think we got better every time I told the stories over and over again.