Engine 37 Tiller 40

Yeah, there are several firehouses with over 2-3 bays that once had companies in them. Engine 1/Ladder 24 was once home to the 3rd Division, which is still labeled above their third smaller garage bay. I believe Engine 91 had other companies housed there as well.

On the subject, does anyone know if any other companies were housed at Engine 4/Ladder 15 at one time besides the Decon. Unit?
E91s quarters has an interesting history. It was originally built in1913 for a two section engine company and H&L43, The 2d section of the engine was not organized until 1916 and remained in service for 40 years until disbanded after World War II in 1946.

In 1957, a second section of E91 was reorganized once again, but it was disbanded a year later.

Engine 91-2, A totally separate company, moved in the quarters in 1968 until it was disbanded in 1974. Battalion 25 occupied these quarters from 1969 until disbanded in 1989.

H&L 43 relocated to the new quarters of E53 in 1974.

When organized in 1913, 91/43 immediately became one of the busiest houses in the city and remained so for the next 3/4 century. I buffed there during my college days in the late 60s war years. The house was in constant motion, manned by a raucous bunch of great firemen, as I have written about before. In addition to E91 and 91-2 in one bay, the Chief ran from the the other bay, which was often crammed with one or two old spare Ward LaFrance CD rigs also. L43 occupied the single bay on the other side of the wall. The kitchen table remains today where Babe Ruth signed his first contract with the New York Yankees.

3511 I will share a story I think I mentioned it in the past. Before 53 and 43Truck became El Barrios bravest , on the site of their new quarters were old 4 story 5 story abandoned tenements. I lived across the street Washington Houses Built in 1963. While playing stoop ball, we ALL remember that , we noticed smoke coming from one of the buildings. 3rd floor as I recall. Of the 4 buildings there was 1 lone occupant an older lady still there. One of my Friends pulled the Box 1278. At that time Engine 53 was located at 104st off 3rd avenue. They Responded South on 3rd Avenue. 43 Truck Came in from 111st Via Second Ave. 43 Truck made a Grab there right where their New Quarters would be. Never forgot it.

3511 I will share a story I think I mentioned it in the past. Before 53 and 43Truck became El Barrios bravest , on the site of their new quarters were old 4 story 5 story abandoned tenements. I lived across the street Washington Houses Built in 1963. While playing stoop ball, we ALL remember that , we noticed smoke coming from one of the buildings. 3rd floor as I recall. Of the 4 buildings there was 1 lone occupant an older lady still there. One of my Friends pulled the Box 1278. At that time Engine 53 was located at 104st off 3rd avenue. They Responded South on 3rd Avenue. 43 Truck Came in from 111st Via Second Ave. 43 Truck made a Grab there right where their New Quarters would be. Never forgot it.
175 E 104th Street, currently the Manhattan Neighborhood Center. Quite a handsome structure.

SoHo:

The site is www.nyfd.com, scroll down on the main page and there's a section in PDF that lists every FDNY unit that existed with org/disbanded dates and their locations.

Also, in regards to E7, L1, Batt.1; I rode on Ladder 1 one time in the early 90's and at that time the Ladder was in the 3rd bay and the Battalion was in the middle.
what I found very interesting were the 3 pdf documents that are shown under the picture of the steel girder.

There were quite a few jobs in those buildings when they went vacant before being demolished for the new firehouse.