Favorite dispatchers

Both Warren Fuchs and tree tree oh "the beefman" have both been guests on the podcast "Gettin' Salty Experience" which is hosted by 2 retired members from Squad 288. Check it out on YouTube. You'll see interviews with some of the biggest names from the FDNY. I personally love the podcast and rarely miss it!

I met Warren a couple of times at the Gong Club in Jersey City. Always a gentleman!!!

Brian Grogan posted this picture of two legends on his Facebook page, and I had to share it. Thanks, and sorry, Brian . . .

Warren Fuchs (retired Brooklyn Fire Dispatcher #120) on the left and George Munch (Brooklyn Fire Dispatcher #102) on the right. I know George is on this site; is Warren?
View attachment 14935
Brian is Brooklyn Dispatcher 312 also a great dispatcher.
SI has 190 a great guy as well.

I still have Morris Heitowit's book to this day. Since I rode with E 248 and B 41, I got to spend a lot of time at the Bklyn CO: Bob Lepage, George Slattery, Russ Ramsey, Waaaaaaren Fuchs, George Munch, Brendan O'Conner, Mike Vitucci, Newt Tanner, Steve Ternlund (who went OTJ and worked at E 248 as a LT and retired out of B 41), Steve Klein, and Dan Buckley (who preceded me at E 248). There are many, many others, but it was a long time ago.
Are you old enough to remember Larry Cohen, Disp#28? He had seniority when Russ Ramsey was just a Proby Disp.

Has anyone noticed that lately some dispatchers, especially one in the Bronx and one in Staten Island speak as though they are auditioning for reading disclaimers at the end of commercials for loans and auto sales? They speak so fast and even cut out their dispatcher numbers at the end of the transmissions.

I still have Morris Heitowit's book to this day. Since I rode with E 248 and B 41, I got to spend a lot of time at the Bklyn CO: Bob Lepage, George Slattery, Russ Ramsey, Waaaaaaren Fuchs, George Munch, Brendan O'Conner, Mike Vitucci, Newt Tanner, Steve Ternlund (who went OTJ and worked at E 248 as a LT and retired out of B 41), Steve Klein, and Dan Buckley (who preceded me at E 248). There are many, many others, but it was a long time ago.
Johnd248
I worked with them all during the war years. Great time and memories at the Brooklyn CO.
FYI, I just heard the Mike Vitucci, my sons godfather just passed away in Pennsylvania may he Rest In Peace. I heard his son is a FAD, taking after his dad

Johnd248
I worked with them all during the war years. Great time and memories at the Brooklyn CO.
FYI, I just heard the Mike Vitucci, my sons godfather just passed away in Pennsylvania may he Rest In Peace. I heard his son is a FAD, taking after his dad
Yes Mike passed away recently. His son Matt is Dispatcher #214. He is currently the second senior man in the Brooklyn CO.

I love Dispatcher 214, I hope he works more often.. What was his fathers Dispatcher Number, the guy who passed away. And who is the senior man in the CO?

Daryl Danforth is the senior man in the Brooklyn Co. He is Dispatcher #180 . Unfortunately he is out on medical leave. Along with some medical issues, he had a fire in his Brownstone aprox 9 months ago. E222 and L111 were first due.

Daryl Danforth is the senior man in the Brooklyn Co. He is Dispatcher #180 . Unfortunately he is out on medical leave. Along with some medical issues, he had a fire in his Brownstone aprox 9 months ago. E222 and L111 were first due.
His brothers the members of Brooklyn co made a go fund me for him, I loved listening to him, (he reminded me always of 190 from SI also very good)