FDNY EMS Runs

Amazing to look at runs and workers and see how EMS runs have shot up through the years!! I remember watching a video in the mid 90s from firescene publications and video, following R2 R1 and E58 and E75. The guy being interviewed from 75 engine comments about the engine guys been in and out all night on ems runs while the truck guys were getting bed sores!! I think the video was filmed in the lte 80s as the house was the old original animal house and footage was of E75 in an ALF.

What year did FDNY start responding routinely to EMS runs? i did not think it was that early?

Secondly why does FDNY not rotate Ems responses between truck and engines as opposed to burdening the engine with all the runs? it seems a point is approaching where with the continuous increase and demand on engines for ems runs  a different approach model needs to be looked at.

Regards to all.

JT

Jedi1973 said:
Amazing to look at runs and workers and see how EMS runs have shot up through the years!! I remember watching a video in the mid 90s from firescene publications and video, following R2 R1 and E58 and E75. The guy being interviewed from 75 engine comments about the engine guys been in and out all night on ems runs while the truck guys were getting bed sores!! I think the video was filmed in the lte 80s as the house was the old original animal house and footage was of E75 in an ALF.

What year did FDNY start responding routinely to EMS runs? i did not think it was that early?

Secondly why does FDNY not rotate Ems responses between truck and engines as opposed to burdening the engine with all the runs? it seems a point is approaching where with the continuous increase and demand on engines for ems runs  a different approach model needs to be looked at.

Regards to all.

JT

Out all night on ERS runs....

ERS is alarms right?

Yes i get that, but the footage was of them actually on ems runs.

JT

Posted by: Jedi1973:
"Secondly why does FDNY not rotate Ems responses between truck and engines as opposed to burdening the engine with all the
runs?"

I believe I recall reading Here - That Members Earn a Premium for CFRD Runs ...?
And, because of that; 'Truckies' have the opportunity to Rotate On/Off Eng. Co.s ...?

Also the company probably only operates on a CFR run maybe 1/5 runs. Which would be if they beat EMS to making patient contact, and after we get there they take up so those only last a few minutes or if they actually are used for a lift assist or CPR which obviously takes longer. Of course I imagine, that some units aren't as proactive in clearing companies.