FDNY Planning Evening Shut Down of 5 Engine Companies

According to News sources, Mayor Bloomberg asked all city agencies to make cuts and FDNY is being asked to eliminate nightime operation of 5 engine companies. Also the reduction of training time for new recruits from 23 to 18 weeks. http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6487868   

Go burn his house and only send half of the normal assignment then we will see how much engines

FDNYE54 said:
Go burn his house and only send half of the normal assignment then we will see how much engines

That's probably not a good thing to say on a public forum...

Sorry to say but, Bloomberg and his staff are bona fide fools for going further with this.

i think it  gets voted on the 18th. hopefully people come to their senses you dont help an economy by laying off people

Still no info on how,who or what will happen. Only states that the Engine in a double house will be closed for night, no single engines. Don't know who came up with this plan but time will tell.

M

mmattyphoto

this came up many years ago.with this mayor he will do it no matter what. he already closed co's so get ready.Please keep safe Men.

hey guys sorry to get off subject but does anyone no if ems is being affected by the budget cuts??

anesti said:
FD211NY said:
hey guys sorry to get off subject but does anyone no if ems is being affected by the budget cuts??

im pretty sure they are

theres barley enought ems as it is for example the day of halloween or before i forget what engine but they waited 1 hour and 8 minutes untill the pacient said f**k ems and hopped in a cab to the hospital

Public Safety is always at the top of the list for cutbacks. We saw FDNY cut back 50 companies in the busy 1970s. How about this time we look at cutting back on politicians. Maybe we can save a few dollars there.

Why don't they just close more companies, heck why not? Yes fire deaths are down and so are fires but we have a fire commissioner who has never put out a fire before. All he is looking at are stats and they are not being realistic. Are there engine com,panies we can do without, none that I can think of.

5 Engine companies in double houses shut down at night, big uproar. Where's the grief when 25 FIRE COMPANIES get shut down on day tours?? Tac training, Education Day, PMP, Company Medicals, other assorted stuff. How many times have you heard about fatal fires occuring when the first due Engine or Truck was out of service DURING THE DAY!?!?!?!?! I can think of at least two off the top of my head.

Unfortunately our great city leaders don't seem to give a rats a$$, they'll just make us do more with less, like they have always done. They won't give a damn until someone gets killed. And you can bet E-22,39, or 44 aren't going to be shut down at night.(PS those are three of the four Engines assigned on the first alarm to Bloombergs house)

Back in the late 70's Boston had a financial crisis due to Proposition 2 1/2. Every two engine/one truck house lost an engine. The mayor back in those days thought it was a lot of saber rattling when BFD officials announed the cuts, he thought it was all BS. First house closed: Engine 10 first due to his house. House was later used in episodes of Spencer For hire. Also according to rumors E-10 was first company switched over to "lime yellow" because the mayors wife liked the color. I don't think any companies that were eliminated ever saw the light of day again except for R-2

B

bklynfdny

the city is ridiculous...ive been working on a job where they are spending 7 million dollars to extend the hudson river bike path out 15 feet over the river so it connects around the 79st boat basin...what a waste of money there...one of they guys workin there is on ladder 157 this must be pissing him off