FDNY Shop numbers-desparate

Hi all.
I am now getting very desperate for a list of FDNY vehicles with shop numbers.
I have been very patient waiting for someone somewhere to produce a list, but I cant wait any longer as my listing was last up dated 2005 and I really need a new list.
Could someone post
A;  where I may be able to get a list 
B; someone please post a list with allocations on here.  Or
C;  post individual sightings of what company/vehicle has what number so I can make my own list fromn the information sent in.

I have FDNY vehicle information going back to 1980, so I want to continue adding to that list, but it has become extremely hard lately for some reason with NO information coming forward.

FAJ did produce a handbook of apparatus, last being in 2005, but looks like they are NOT going to produce any more,  so if anyone on here can supply the info or post small bits of info on here, I would be very grateful....  even swap some old FDNY apparatus lists for info sent in.

Thanks in advance.  FW.

Send me a private message and I will give you my email, in case you want to work together on this.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Would this be something that might be good as a WIKI type setup?
Then multiple people can help work on it, if so then I can see what would need to be done.
I know there are a few packages out there for our CMS system, not sure how good, but maybe give one a try.

Personally, I think that would be a great idea - the only problem would be verifying the information posted.  There are a few life-long historians on this site that would be an invaluable asset, and then there are a few people who THINK they are experts that would muck it all up.

The only reg numbers I use are the ones I see with my own 2 eyes, so I know it is correct!! I have been working on a new list and have it mostly up to date. Anybody can PM me to help out, or be involved.

-Scott.

Any other interest in doing a database or wiki page? I have quite a list of the newer serial #s.

HCO

Downtownmedic stated the basic problem well.  Consider also the issue of spotting a unit using a rig with a "different" number -- it is unknown if that is a substitute for a day, a long-term use, or a permanent reassignment.  Further, some members are interested in manufacturer serial numbers and others in shop registration numbers.  With over 2100 vehicles in the fleet, although not all emergency response vehicles, there are just too many variables for a group of individuals to accurately track

Fireworld said:
Hi all.
I am now getting very desperate for a list of FDNY vehicles with shop numbers.
I have been very patient waiting for someone somewhere to produce a list, but I cant wait any longer as my listing was last up dated 2005 and I really need a new list.
Could someone post
A;  where I may be able to get a list 
B; someone please post a list with allocations on here.  Or
C;  post individual sightings of what company/vehicle has what number so I can make my own list fromn the information sent in.

I have FDNY vehicle information going back to 1980, so I want to continue adding to that list, but it has become extremely hard lately for some reason with NO information coming forward.

FAJ did produce a handbook of apparatus, last being in 2005, but looks like they are NOT going to produce any more,  so if anyone on here can supply the info or post small bits of info on here, I would be very grateful....  even swap some old FDNY apparatus lists for info sent in.

Thanks in advance.  FW.

Really.