FDNY Unit Relocation

HCO

The Decon Support Unit has relocated from SOC, Roosevelt Island, to a new facility at 104-32 43rd Avenue, Corona, Queens.  DSU is assigned on 10-80 Code 3 signals, when a Decon Shower Apparatus is dispatched, or when special-called.  The unit responds with an officer and one firefighter, both Tech II qualified.  The 43rd Avenue facility also houses the decon reclamation function, formerly located in Ladder 105?s old quarters at 648 Pacific St, Brooklyn.

HCO

NYBravest82 - The Decon Support Unit, formerly assigned to SOC/Rescue Operations is now an element of SOC/Hazmat Operations.

rdm258 - The primary response vehicle, a 2000 International 4900 with a Ferrara body, has two personnel assigned as above.  One or more other SOC personnel work each tour.

kfd274 - The facility is an existing commercial building on the south side of the street with vehicle doors front and rear.  All new commercial decon equipment has been installed rather than move the old equipment from Pacific Street.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
HCO are they shutting down Pacific Street?
I will say my gear was out and back in day, might have a new way of doing things as well.

HCO

Tommy - Pacific Street is history.  The new facility has new equipment and will continue pickup/decon/delivery.  The Decon Support Unit will now respond for just about all decon situations, and the officer will serve as the tech adviser to the incident commander.

Thats the new laundry in Corona on 43 Ave. ....i think the bldg was structurally condemmed i guess (hope) its up to snuff.