Ferarra awarded ladder contract?

Isn't it amazing what can happen to a thread?  This was originally about the idea of Ferrara getting a contract for ladders. ??? ::) ???

H

HAZ-MAT 1

Actually Ferrara delivered some trucks to FDNY with Mack chassis and Mack Engines in them. The Collapse Rescues and a Special Operations Command and also some of the Satelite's are Macks made by Ferrara

Also, two HP pumpers [E54, E258] in 2002, one HP pumper to E26 in 2003 and that single Ferrara pumper back in 2001 ;)

I agree with Bulldog on bringing back the Macks.  Some were pretty basic looking, however I thing the Mack C of the 60's was a beautiful fire truck.  One of my favorites.

Take a look on:

http://www.capecodfd.com/

Go to Mack Fire Trucks  page 9

On the previous post - when you get to the  home page, look to the left and click on Special Features - Mack Gallery is top right corner of the gallery section.

Yes those Macks took a beating and still kept going. Providence, R.I. just took its last Front Line Mack CF out of service to run it as a spare. It was Engine 8, which is really a busy company. Just prior to that Engine 11 went to Reserve Status. Both of these were working outfits both runs and fire wise. Those Mack rigs were some rugged firefighting machines. Sorry about getting off track, just wanted to give a little praise to one of the BEST firefighting Rigs ever born.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Last rumor I heard when I was out at the shops was that FDNY had been changing the specs around alot to try and get another bider on the Ladders.  However Seagrave was still the only one willing to bid.  I can't remember if it was Tower Ladders or Rear Mounts that they were talking about.

Yes bull dog the mack cf was a great truck. Such a shame they stoped makeing them we have a 1975 mack cf that is used as a spare and after 34 years the body is shot but it still runs and pumps like a champ.

Bulldog

Bulldog
116ff60 said:
Yes bull dog the mack cf was a great truck. Such a shame they stoped makeing them we have a 1975 mack cf that is used as a spare and after 34 years the body is shot but it still runs and pumps like a champ.
Yes, that was one of the few problems with them, the bodies collected a lot of rust.  They run and pump fine by the bodies were always falling apart.  Oh well, as long as you can drive them to the fire and put the fire out the looks is secondary!

Great Mack site - enjoyed seeing a 47 Mack similar to what E 274 once had!

I will take that 34 year old mack over any new truck today that we have in front line service.

No im not haveing trouble with the math.Im referring to the spare 1975 mack cf that we have were i work.