Foam Tender

I saw inside the thread about the new Super Pumper (or whatever they decide to call it) and someone said that the Foam Tender isn't a thing anymore. Is this true? If so, does anyone know what happened to it?

Last edited:
Foam tender was taking in runs as of a couple weeks ago

foam tender was removed from all responses as of 06/19/2020. Don’t remember the last time prior to that that it had a run.

As of a few days ago a video was showing 238 going on a run and the foam tender was in quarters.

Bulldog

Bulldog
The present foam tender was only about five years old wasn't it? Certainly not time for replacement, I wonder how they decided they didn't need them any longer? Certainly seems likely risks that would require large quantities of foam haven't gone down any.

The present foam tender was only about five years old wasn't it? Certainly not time for replacement, I wonder how they decided they didn't need them any longer? Certainly seems likely risks that would require large quantities of foam haven't gone down any.
Think you are mistaking the foam tender with the foam engines. The Foam tender is a 1992 Mack with I think 2 or 3 foam tanks each 1,000 gallons. Shame to see it is gone if that is truly the case.

As of a few days ago a video was showing 238 going on a run and the foam tender was in quarters.
In quarters or out of quarters idk. But I do know it’s not an in service unit, and has no responses.
Got a link to the video ?

BCR

I’ll have to look but there was a video a few weeks back of the foam tender pulling up on scene, it was some kinda of mva on a highway that involved a box truck. Hazmat and a full foam response

Think you are mistaking the foam tender with the foam engines. The Foam tender is a 1992 Mack with I think 2 or 3 foam tanks each 1,000 gallons. Shame to see it is gone if that is truly the case.
Yes it was built by Saulsbury

If the Foam Tender is still in service (or if it was recently retired), it is still 28 years old. While that might not have been unusual back in the day (think water towers or marine units), it is a REALLY long term of service for a current day rig. Does anyone know what rig might be the oldest still in active, front line service in FDNY?

If the Foam Tender is still in service (or if it was recently retired), it is still 28 years old. While that might not have been unusual back in the day (think water towers or marine units), it is a REALLY long term of service for a current day rig. Does anyone know what rig might be the oldest still in active, front line service in FDNY?
I would have to think maybe the MERVs now unless they were replaced and I have no idea. Like MERV 1 last I know of was a 2004 bus.

HCO

JFK Hose Wagon – 1993, PurpleK 228 & 229 – 1995, BFU 5 – 2002, MERV 1 – 2004

JFK Hose Wagon – 1993, PurpleK 228 & 229 – 1995, BFU 5 – 2002, MERV 1 – 2004
New MERVs are on order I believe. JFK and LGA Hose Wagons will get one of the 2006 SATs. BFU should really get replaced seems to be used the most lol.

New MERVs are on order I believe. JFK and LGA Hose Wagons will get one of the 2006 SATs. BFU should really get replaced seems to be used the most lol.
Anything else on order? We should have a page with pictures of all the new rigs when they come in

I’ll have to look but there was a video a few weeks back of the foam tender pulling up on scene, it was some kinda of mva on a highway that involved a box truck. Hazmat and a full foam response

Don't say I've never done anything for you But this was Last Year

Reactions: BCR