Glory Days passes 10,000 views

"Glory Days" started by Retired FDNY FF Dan Potter, aka "JohnnyGage", has already surpassed 10,000 views by our members in less than two months (started March 24th). The stories by Dan and others, along with pictures from the past, has certainly caught the interest of many members here.

Thank you for bringing all of us back to those Glory Days of the FDNY.

Way to go, JohnnyGage and all the other contributors! Congratulations!  You're each what makes The Site.  And many thanks to The Great Uncle who tracks these issues!!!

Thank you Willy for allowing me to contribute my stories on this forum. It has been a pleasure meeting and corresponding with members on this site...It has been fun re-living the stories as I write them, I feel like I'm back in the firehouse with these guys and capers all over again. My wife thanks you for allowing me to write these recollections instead of her hearing them over and over again! And a special thank you to all who have contributed their thoughts and recollections on this thread. I hope some of my stories will remind you of your own  recollections and we can share the "Glory Days" together. A special thanks to the viewers, I appreciate you checking in! It is very encouraging to see the numbers of views grow!

I will be adding new stories in a chronicle order; covering my buff days, working in NYC-EMS during their War Years, more DCFD, L 38, 112, 5 and 31 experiences, some interesting character profiles and remembering WTC. So stay tuned, thanks for reading!  KMG-365

You have it totally bass ackwards, JohnnyGage.  Don't thank us, we thank you!  Keep the history coming!

JohnnyGage said:
Thank you Willy for allowing me to contribute my stories on this forum. It has been a pleasure meeting and corresponding with members on this site...It has been fun re-living the stories as I write them, I feel like I'm back in the firehouse with these guys and capers all over again. My wife thanks you for allowing me to write these recollections instead of her hearing them over and over again! And a special thank you to all who have contributed their thoughts and recollections on this thread. I hope some of my stories will remind you of your own  recollections and we can share the "Glory Days" together. A special thanks to the viewers, I appreciate you checking in! It is very encouraging to see the numbers of views grow!

I will be adding new stories in a chronicle order; covering my buff days, working in NYC-EMS during their War Years, more DCFD, L 38, 112, 5 and 31 experiences, some interesting character profiles and remembering WTC. So stay tuned, thanks for reading!  KMG-365

I?m stoked for some DC stories!

JohnnyGage said:

Those of us who attended the recent Get Together on Saturday May 11th, received one of these "Glory Days - Nycfire.net" mugs from "JohnnyGage". He brought these in and gave one to each member. None of us knew it was coming. Thanks Dan.

The Glory Days stories have brought members together that maybe worked the FDNY, but might not have seen or heard from each other in years.

Once again, The Glory Days stories, as well as so many others, might not have been possible if not for Lt Tommy Bendick and his father Retired Captain John Bendick.

Glory Days is now over 15,000 views since it was first started here in the "History section" by retired FDNY Firefighter Dan Potter, aka "JohnnyGage". Beginning on March 24th, less than three months ago.

In addition to that, most of us also know that he is the originator of another popular thread here in the "History section" called: "Vintage FDNY War Year Lids", which now includes numerous styles of helmets and helmet fronts. That thread was started just a little more than one month ago on April 15th. It has now surpassed 7,000 views. 

Thanks Dan (JohnnyGage) for all those stories and photos that you have taken the time to post for us. And Thank You to the many members who have also contributed to these historic and interesting topics as well.

Hello Willy, thanks again for your kind words. I have to be honest, I'm having a ball typing the Glory Days memoirs and researching subject matter for the Vintage helmet column. Joe "mack" has been helpful with suggestions. JK has been a tremendous help, too...Others who have contributed to both columns has made the posts exciting and informative, and I greatly appreciate them jumping on board! I have received many kind PMs (even from the "other" site),  including guys I haven't heard from since the late 80's!...And again, thanks to you and the Bendicks for allowing me to download my coconut... So stay tuned, more fun coming...KMG 365.

"Johnny" let me just be one more person who says THANK YOU for sharing these stories. I log on everyday and hope there is a new story in "Glory Days." I certainly hope you never run out of stories to tell!