High Ladders

Before going in service they were testing the two at the old rock (Welfare Island) and one of the elevators went into a free fall. Luckily no one was on it at the time. The elevators were promptly removed from both rigs.

I actually saw 119 on operation stretched to the extreme limit. There was a seagull stuck at the top. 119 pulled up put the tip to its fullest ext and somehow the member fit it free. It was a Catholic Church on Catalpa Ave and Woodward Ave in the Ridgewood section of Queens New York.
Saint Matthias RC Church

Wasn't there a fire in Brooklyn where the High Ladder was fully extended and It.Chico and a firefighter were on the tip trying to save a woman from a fully involved apartment..she was trying to save her cat and may have jumped or fallen Steve

Wasn't there a fire in Brooklyn where the High Ladder was fully extended and It.Chico and a firefighter were on the tip trying to save a woman from a fully involved apartment..she was trying to save her cat and may have jumped or fallen Steve
Yes you are correct. Once again from the book “The Bravest”. 6E1DB65D-9BC4-49A5-94B1-B38EA379B2D3.jpegD2ADB9B7-C579-4A46-A4F6-7B47ED7B335D.jpeg

I remember reading about a fire in Harlem, where every type of truck on the job, at the time, was in use at this multiple. Mack CF 75' and 95' Towers, Mack CF/LTI 100' RM, Seagrave 100' RM and Tiller, one of the Sutphen Towers, maybe ALF RM and Tiller, possibly one if the High Ladders or the Grove remount. Steve

I remember reading about a fire in Harlem, where every type of truck on the job, at the time, was in use at this multiple. Mack CF 75' and 95' Towers, Mack CF/LTI 100' RM, Seagrave 100' RM and Tiller, one of the Sutphen Towers, maybe ALF RM and Tiller, possibly one if the High Ladders or the Grove remount. Steve

Were the high ladders or the grove reamounts still around in 1984 or after if the ALF / LTl rearmounts were there?

In the process of unpacking after a move, and found my copy of The
Bravest. Just re-reading the story of the High Ladder rescue attempt in Brooklyn. Steve