IMT Unit

At the recent Fifth Alarm in the Bronx on 180 St, I believe Eng 262 responded with the "IMT Unit". Anybody know what that unit is? Also is the High X Foam unit still in service that I believe was with Eng 212 ?  Thank you.

The IMT (Incident Management Team) Unit is a 2006 LDV similar to the two Mobile Command Centers, but about 3 feet longer.  It responds to major emergencies citywide  and helps coordinate the FD's IMT operations.

The High-Ex Foam unit is officially retired from service, however the rig may still be on FD property at the Rock.

Thanks guy for your quick response. That answers my two questions. I appreciate it.

When E-212 was closed the high-ex unit went to I believe E-262. The high-ex unit is no longer in service and I doubt it will be replaced by a new version. I last saw the rig at the rock 4 months ago while I was in hazmat refresher. She was sitting behind the shops near the water. 

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
If not mistaking all the newer Foam units, can do some form of Hi-Ex so there was no longer a need to keep the unit any longer.
There are alos working on ordering somone foam units, current ones are shops built.