Incident Management

Some questions about IM :

Is the Incident Management Vehicle always assigned to a fourth alarm?
Is a Battalion Chief assigned as a chief on this truck?
Who else is working in the Incident Management Team?
Can somebody post a photo of the IMV?

OK thanks,

I checked engine 262's page, believe it's in their house, but there's no photo.
I assume the engine crew still has a task in operating it.

Do you know how many IMV's there are in the FDNY?

HCO

Peter - The Incident Management Team Planning Vehicle is similar to the Mobile Command Centers, but longer (45 feet) and has a 12-foot slide out section on one side to provide a larger interior working area.
The vehicle is assigned whenever a Planning Chief is assigned.  Many of the firefighting battalion chiefs are so trained, and are designated "T3" (All Hazard Type 3 Planner) on the daily chiefs' schedule.  A Planning Chief is assigned, if available, on 10-60, 10-66, 10-80 Codes 2-4, high-rise 3-3, and 4-4 alarms (except brush fires or for relief), or may be special-called by a staff chief.

The vehicle is transported by Engine 262; backup is Engine 259.

I believe at the Queens fourth alarm, Engine 262 had already responded to the fire.  When Engine 259 was contacted as the backup, they stated they only had one chauffeur and they were told to respond to the fire for fire duty.  Engine 233 was called from Brooklyn to get the IMV.

HCO said:
Peter - The Incident Management Team Planning Vehicle is similar to the Mobile Command Centers, but longer (45 feet) and has a 12-foot slide out section on one side to provide a larger interior working area.
The vehicle is assigned whenever a Planning Chief is assigned.  Many of the firefighting battalion chiefs are so trained, and are designated "T3" (All Hazard Type 3 Planner) on the daily chiefs' schedule.  A Planning Chief is assigned, if available, on 10-60, 10-66, 10-80 Codes 2-4, high-rise 3-3, and 4-4 alarms (except brush fires or for relief), or may be special-called by a staff chief.

The vehicle is transported by Engine 262; backup is Engine 259.

Great information HCO ! Thanks.

there is a new vehicle now in the quarters of engine 207 ladder 110 tillery tigers...unknown what this vehicle is..anyone? maybe anbother MCCor incident management vehicle

HCO

The vehicle mentioned above quartered with Engine 207/Ladder 110 is the Mobile Operations Center, a smaller version (just under 32 feet) of the two Mobile Command Centers.  It may be activated for use at extended fire and emergency operations or for community events, and is staffed by personnel from the Brooklyn Borough Command.

HCO said:
The vehicle mentioned above quartered with Engine 207/Ladder 110 is the Mobile Operations Center, a smaller version (just under 32 feet) of the two Mobile Command Centers.  It may be activated for use at extended fire and emergency operations or for community events, and is staffed by personnel from the Brooklyn Borough Command.

How many people work at the Brooklyn Borough Command?  What do they do?  Same for other boroughs?????

Long time reader, but never really had anything to say until now:

Anybody else notice that "hawaiifiveo" is asking a lot of operational questions?  And a lot of you buffs are freely giving him answers.  It's true that a lot of the info can be found on the web elsewhere, but why make it that much easier.  Why all the questions?  Is he just another BUFF that enjoys following the FDNY?  Or is it some form of "fact finding" exercise on response patterns that has been known to be used by Enemies of the USA?  I'm just concerned, and hope to raise all your eyebrows and remind everyone as to our current status as still a huge target.  I just want to say to all to be smart about what you know and to whom you are relaying that info to.  I'm just using "hawaiifiveo" as an example.  Just be carelful to whom you disseminate any FD info.  As a current member of the FDNY, I'd appreciate it.

Very good point there "Queenstrucking". We really NEVER know who we are talking to. Not pointing the finger at any one but in today's world, Yes, we do have to watch what info the world gets from us. I think as you point out, so many questions in such a short time, does cause some concern. Thank you, and I'll do my best to be more alert.

Oh my god give me a break, everything here on this site is public info, please your two cents on op sec is ridicules, but its OK you allways have someone out there thinking there better then the other guy, because he's asking a few questions. Big deal, you should just shut the door on this site and not let anybody talk, so make sure you don't ever ask a question on this site , you might be considered a terrorist. guess I'll let you have the floor since you want all the attention :-\ aaalllooohhhaaa

I'm of the belief that with things that are almost entirely in the public domain, like pretty much everything that's shared on this site, there is little that a determined enemy of the state won't already have their hands on or will go to lengths to track down.  If anything, purchasing the Operational Reference or spending a few hours listening to a few jobs would already give someone enough of an idea to carry out something.  So really it doesn't make that huge a difference to be over-paranoid, especially when that info is all out there.
If it was restricted info, then, that would obviously be a much different story.

Like I already stated, a lot of this info can be found elsewhere on the web.  But let's not make it easy for anyone and let this site be "one stop shopping" for information. 

Not looking for anymore attention, just took notice of lots of questions in a short period of time--both FD & PD related.  When the state of Hawaii is in the Top 10 of targets, I'll be more at ease to "hawaiifiveo's" question as to how FDNY operates.  Until then, his questions are highly "suspect".

And to all you BUFFs who are so proud of what you know about FD tactics and just love to tell EVERYONE...shame on you.  It was already stated that anyone can purchase the Operational Reference guide.  So let them!!!!!  Stop letting that information go for free.