Incident Management

queenstrucking said:
And to all you BUFFs who are so proud of what you know about FD tactics and just love to tell EVERYONE...shame on you.  It was already stated that anyone can purchase the Operational Reference guide.  So let them!!!!!  Stop letting that information go for free.
  I can't speak for all Buffs, but as to myself, I've been a buff since a young kid. I'm now 61. I retired as a Captain after some 30 years on a small dept in an older Connecticut city. I did have a "couple of jobs" in my day. I credit a lot to what I learned from buffing the FDNY for forty plus years. As far as I'm concerned, the members of FDNY could always "walk on water". I still feel the same today.
  I have many friends that are not only Buffs, but they are Career Firefighters in many of the larger U.S. Cities. Many of which have all been promoted to higher ranks. My own brother also was a buff, who retired as a Battalion Chief in Bridgeport, Ct.
  There are many Buffs out there that are probadly the "BEST Public Relations" people any fire dept can have. Many run Canteen services and bring hot coffee and sandwiches on those very cold nights. They take very dramatic pictures and show what the job of a firefighter is really like. And they come from all walks of life.
  Yes in todays world we need to be suspicious of our next door neighbors. That said, if it was ever needed, I could supply a list of HUNDREDs of names, that are all OUTSTANDING CITIZENS, and probadly the Best Friends any Fire Dept can have.

Guys,
   Queensstriking is RIGHT. This Hawaii50 I'm sure is just like us. Interested in the fire service or has a career in one. Then if that's the case -- Hawaii50 you need to update your profile. So more info can be seen. Its just that you have asked a lot of operational Questions.
NFD you are right also. i been buffing since been 6. Dad was a Vollie with the Centerport Fire Dept and on the job(NYPD--63 PCT and Harbor,in summers) I am now 32. Made a career from buffing, while my friends, who still are, wore smoking pot, drinking when 17/18, I was concentrating on my career. Got my FFI and II and EMT-D(Huntington FD) when 19. Became a Medic at 21 and the rest is history, so as for Buffing, keeps kids on the right track and gives them hope. We should be honored, I am, that the public looks up to us and especially the Little One's. Even younger members on this site, Glad their on here and trying to learn. Not everyone should by a reference for simple day in and day out questions. Guys Please Ask. We just should figure out to provide a higher level of security in becoming a member of this GREAT site. Just some thoughts.
 PS thank you queens, sometimes I do forget how simple a question can appear and innocent. Eyes are open more.
   --And YES, must of those guys/my friends are on the Job now also, so obviously you don't need to be a BUFF, Honestly some of the biggest partiers are now Officer's. LOL,maybe I should not of been a buff,would have a white shield maybe. Just some humor.
Rob DeMeo

I think queenstrucking is making way to much out of this. Seriously, you think a terrorist really cares about the size of hose you use on a standpipe. I to have asked many questions on this site, not because I am a terrorist but because of my interest in the way a big city department operates. My questions have always been answered in a timely and professional manner. But after reading the last few posts from queenstrucking, this will be my final post on here. Thanks to all.

Don't go away, Al Capone.  Every board has its problems . . . and there are far fewer here than on most boards.  Aside from some occasional good-natured kidding, this place is one of the best, most civil boards it has ever been my experience to be involved in.  As for Queenstrucking's comments:  I don't think he's trying to stir anything up.  I'm no stranger to the concept of OPSEC, and I do think that the kind of questions that are asked here have little or no bearing on a potential terrorist's plans.  He may be a little over the top, but I think his intentions are good.  As for his comments about Hawaii being on the top 10 target list, I have only 3 words:  REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR.

Hey Ray,
    I always considered us almost family/friends on this site and I have never met any of you. Would love to have a beer with ALL of you. Saying this, if someone is going to GET that offended from reponse's to post, then maybe they don't have the heart. I AGREE with you 100% about Queens, but he did point out a good point just in general. Thank you for mentioning Pearl Harbor. But just like in any fire house I worked/been in, opinions are like *!&#, we all have one and you don't have to agree with each other. That is what makes this site so GREAT, are the members. Al Capone would like to see you hang around a little longer, then decide but it is just opinions to keep open ended conversation.
Rob

If the site administrator or someone with more knowledge of this site could look back to al capones first couple of posts. I thought his questions were also strange for a newcomer to an FDNY related site, if i recall he was concerned with how many FFs responded to certain incidents. And i thought the same way as queens trucking and maybe thats why mr. capone is running away so fast.