Just for fltpara16

Ray i do think that is an old Good Humor truck..... maybe it is the one Steve Buscemi drove around Valley Stream LI in his 1996 movie "Trees Lounge" (which used to be an actual Bar)....the Ice Cream truck can be seen a few times in this short movie trailer ....... watch

Last edited:
Ray i do think that is an old Good Humor truck..... maybe it is the one Steve Buscemi drove around Valley Stream LI in his 1996 movie "Trees Lounge" (which used to be an actual Bar)....the Ice Cream truck can be seen a few times in this short movie trailer ....... watch
Pabst???? In Queens???? Things have sure changed since I sucked on Rheingold, Schaffer's, or Rupert Knickerbocker back in the day. Bert & Harry Piel would turn over in their graves. ;)

Two thoughts Ray, at L 112 in Bushwick we were first due to the "Beer Box"; Knickerbocker and Schaeffer... Also, I'm afraid you may have inspired Willy to create a new Buff mobile from the photos above, neighbors have reported hearing woops, bells and whistles coming from his garage after he was spotted pushing in a Bungalo Bar rig..Screenshot_2021-03-04-07-51-01-1.png

Ray ........Drinking Pabst is a big hit with the yupster & millennial crowd in NY ......it is now referred to simply as " I'll have a PBR " = Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Ray ........Drinking Pabst is a big hit with the yupster & millennial crowd in NY ......it is now referred to simply as " I'll have a PBR " = Pabst Blue Ribbon.
They don't recognize Panther Piss when they see it. Only thing worse was 33.

When I was transferred to the Chief of Training, they told me I was being assigned a take-home vehicle. Well Ray, you have exposed my "take home". It is a two function vehicle. 1. A "command vehicle" for running training evolutions; 2. A "fund raising" vehicle peddling ice cream so I can buy training supplies and equipment.

Ah beer, In 1970 I was buffing at 25 Engine and Truck at Penn Avenue and 34th Street in Pittsburgh. We were two blocks down the hill from the Iron City Brewery on Liberty Avenue. Nothing was better than the smell of a brewery on a warm humid evening. Sadly, there was never any runs to the brewery. The closest we ever got was driving by en route to Box 5226 at Liberty Avenue and 36th Street. It was always a false alarm.
Adding insult to injury, the Catholic church on the corner there is now The Church Brew Works, a city tourist institution.

Uncle Wilfred could have an ice cream buff mobile but it would be called “Mister Softee”. Buff mobile would alternate stops at Mickey D’s and White Castle.