List of Rigs Damaged/Destroyed from Sandy

What about the old FDNY Squad 800 that they bought ? I heard that it was just sitting in the lot.

Other than the Staten Island Riga already mentioned, how did the rest of Richmond Co. including the vollies come out? What about the other volunteer departments in the city too?

Very confused......In one post it states that the vollies bought the spare Sq 800 and its sitting in a lot....A few posts later it states the spare Sq 800 was  assigned as reserve Engine 513  ... :eek:

Trying my best to keep an up to date list. Added some information about three volunteer departments.

Broad chanel lost everything pretty much there rig caught fire and there house is a mess .. as for squad 800 its in staten island going back into a spare

I saw a 99 Seagrave ladder fully refurbed right before sandy.  The guy from the shops didnt know what the department was doing with it, but this rig looked as good as a brand new one.

To my knowledge there is no designed squad 800 the job tales the rig from out quarter's a few days before a big event and retrofit it with all the squad stuff then its manned by squad and rescue guys and quartered with us at e168 for the duration of the event

FDNYBuff97 said:
What about the old FDNY Squad 800 that they bought ? I heard that it was just sitting in the lot.

From what I heard WHBFD lost everything including ex-Squad 800.

IRISH said:
anesti said:
IRISH said:
NON FDNY:

Both WHBFD rigs were damaged. They received a 1981 MACK from Hooversville FD of Pennsylvania plus equipment and today a walk in Rescue which i think is a MACK also

Where sis the rescue come from

It seems its Royersford Fire Company's 1981 Ford C8000 Rescue 98 which was donated as part of the Terry Farrell Fund. It will now be Squad 944

http://limerick.patch.com/topics/royersford+fire+department

WHBFD lost both Engines, 2 Ambulances, a BFU & a Chief's car.

They are back in service as of yesterday

The Royersford rescue was donated not to West Hamilton beach, but to Island Park in Nassau County.  They lost their 1990-ish International heavy rescue (among other rigs) in Sandy.

Here's the Royersford rig:

651274bd56f632398348a30fb9e8cc5a

Thats great news for Island Park..  I just returned from a 72 hour deployment and had the pleasure of being assigned to Island Park. They are great bunch of guys who have been hit hard at home and at the firehouse.

raybrag said:
IRISH said:
anesti said:
IRISH said:
NON FDNY:

Both WHBFD rigs were damaged. They received a 1981 MACK from Hooversville FD of Pennsylvania plus equipment and today a walk in Rescue which i think is a MACK also

Where sis the rescue come from

It seems its Royersford Fire Company's 1981 Ford C8000 Rescue 98 which was donated as part of the Terry Farrell Fund. It will now be Squad 944

http://limerick.patch.com/topics/royersford+fire+department

WHBFD lost both Engines, 2 Ambulances, a BFU & a Chief's car.

They are back in service as of yesterday

The Royersford rescue was donated not to West Hamilton beach, but to Island Park in Nassau County.  They lost their 1990-ish International heavy rescue (among other rigs) in Sandy.

Here's the Royersford rig:

651274bd56f632398348a30fb9e8cc5a

As per contact at WHBFD this Rescue is with them

I did physically see E161, L81, and B21 today. All three are still running the normal trucks but are completely covered in that sandy muddy mess. Did see a Dodge ambulance on SI today that I never recalled seeing before. FDNY does have their command vehicle set up at the southern end of Father Capodanno along with the SI borough commander.

Updating the list to include B23.

If 23 flooded their rig they musta done it late in the game as  I was with em till late day tuesday and they were still with their rig.