LODD ACTIVE FF MICHAEL R. DAVIDSON ENG*69.

3-23-18 0354 hrs the Signal 5-5-5-5 is transmitted... It Is With Regret the Dept announces the Death of FF Michael R. Davidson ENG*69 while operating at Manhattan Fifth Alarm Box 1638....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES......Nozzleman ENG*69...37 yrs of age ...Married with four Children...Father a Former Member of ENG*69....Brother a FF in the BX.

To FF Michael Davidson's family and friends, and Brother and Sister Firefighters of the FDNY, my condolences to all of you. Such a young age and with a wife and FOUR Children.

Over the last 24 hours, Three LODDs to firefighters including two from York, Pa. Also on January 6, another firefighter from Philadelphia, Pa. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDf7cdffrY

May FF Davidson Rest in Peace. Prayers and comfort for his family and friends and for his fellow firefighters.

Rest in Peace Firefighter Davidson. Thoughts and prayers for your family at home and in the Harlem Hilton.

Who was FDNY firefighter Michael Davidson?

?The best man you could ever meet"
?He will be so missed ? we loved young people moving in with their beautiful children"
?He was the perfect father to me.?

http://pix11.com/2018/03/23/who-was-fdny-firefighter-michael-davidson/

May FF Davidson RIP

mack

Administrator
Rest in Peace. Prayers and comfort for his wife, his children, his family, friends and fellow firefighters.  Never forget.

Firefighter Michael R. Davidson

We are heartbroken over the tragic loss of Firefighter Michael R. Davidson, who made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty at the age of 37.  FF Davidson leaves behind a wife and four young children, who are only 1, 3, 6 and 7 years old. 

The NY Police & Fire Widows' & Children's Benefit Fund will provide his widow with an initial contribution of $25,000 and then will continue to raise funds to ensure we can provide her with annual financial support for the rest of her life.

We pledge to never forget FF Davidson, his sacrifice, or his beloved family.

Sincerely,
The Board of Directors and Staff of the Benefit Fund

www.answerthecall.org

New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund, 156 W. 56th Street, 901, New York, NY 10019

mack

Administrator
Edward Norton vows to start fund for family of FDNY firefighter who died in Harlem blaze at his movie set

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Saturday, March 24, 2018, 3:44 PM

Actor-director Edward Norton, after seeing real heroes in action on his Harlem movie set, vowed Saturday to assist the young family of firefighter Michael Davidson.
Norton delivered a lengthy Instagram post to refute inaccurate reports about the deadly Thursday night fire and express his admiration for the fearless FDNY.

?I have never witnessed firsthand that kind of bravery,? said Norton. ?I?m in awe of that kind of selfless courage. It?s devastating to contemplate that one of the men we watched charging in there lost his life.?

FDNY firefighter Michael Davidson leaves behind a widow and four children. (AP)

The three-time Oscar nominee said he intends to create a fund to benefit the firefighter?s family, with details to come in the future.
?Please send a prayer of thanks for the spirit and courage of Michael Davidson,? wrote Norton, star of ?The Hulk? and ?Birdman.? The fireman left behind a widow and four kids between the ages of 1 and 7.

Norton recounted how a crew member smelled smoke while shooting the movie ?Motherless Brooklyn,? based on the Jonathan Lethem book.
?It was he and others on the set who acted decisively and quickly to locate the source of the smoke, evacuate cast and crew, call the fire department,? said Norton.

Norton?s statement also refuted reports that the blaze began on the set and other inaccuracies.

?It appears to have started in the basement cellar of the building we were working in,? said Norton. ?... It has been reported that I was the one who smelled smoke and raised an alarm. This is incorrect. I was ... setting up a shot outside the building.?

Norton credited the rapid response of the movie?s crew and the FDNY for sparing the lives of residents trapped inside the burning residence.
?Had our team not noticed the situation and responded and alerted the fire department with the speed they did, I believe the residents of the building above would have perished,? he said.

Funeral, wake for fallen FDNY firefighter announced

NEW YORK (WABC) --
The funeral for fallen FDNY Firefighter Michael Davidson will be held at St. Patrick's Cathedral in Midtown Tuesday at 10 a.m.

His wake will take place at Thomas F. Dalton Funeral Home in Floral Park, Long Island, on Sunday and Monday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

http://abc7ny.com/funeral-wake-for-fallen-fdny-firefighter-announced/3256259/

http://abc7ny.com/fallen-fdny-firefighter-mourned-at-wake-on-long-island/3256259/

Another GREAT JOB by the Ceremonial Unit coordinating the large contingent this afternoon at the Wake.

On the block of his home all his neighbors changed all their outside light bulbs to red.

68jk09 said:
Another GREAT JOB by the Ceremonial Unit coordinating the large contingent this afternoon at the Wake.

Totally agree.....they always do an awesome job.  Is there any estimate on the turn-out?

My eyes are blood shot - I just melted.........