Look Back

My personal history & look -back.
50 years ago today, 7/13/70, I was fortunate to be appointed to FDNY. I was in a Proby class with 125 of us, 100 were appointed on 7/11 & the next 25 on the list 2 days later, for reasons I won’t mention.
Lucky to be assigned to great companies during my 31 year career & having the privilege of working with great firefighter’s & Officer’s, I am amazed at how, looking back, the time has “flown” by.
Happy 50th to my classmates.

mack

Administrator
My personal history & look -back.
50 years ago today, 7/13/70, I was fortunate to be appointed to FDNY. I was in a Proby class with 125 of us, 100 were appointed on 7/11 & the next 25 on the list 2 days later, for reasons I won’t mention.
Lucky to be assigned to great companies during my 31 year career & having the privilege of working with great firefighter’s & Officer’s, I am amazed at how, looking back, the time has “flown” by.
Happy 50th to my classmates.

Congratulations to you and your class.

den114 was/is a true gentleman and senior man.
he was one of the senior men who i had the opportunity to have as a mentor during my carreer.
dennis..thank you!

8-18-07 THE DEUTSCHE BANK FIRE.....NEVER FORGET ! .....CONTINED RIP TO OUR BROTHERS....IF THE 9-11 ATTACKS HAD NOT BEEN EXECUTED THEN THE DEUTSCHE BANK FIRE WOULD NOT HAVE OCCURRED OR AT LEAST NOT IN THE MANNER IT DID DUE TO THE DEMOLITION & 2 IF NOT 3 BROTHERS MIGHT STILL BE ALIVE TODAY & OTHERS WOULD NOT BE DEALING WITH INJURIES PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL FROM THAT DAY IN AUG '07 ... www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=deutsche+bank+fire

Salute to Brother Dennis!

Re Deutsche Bank Fire. Prior to my wife working in WTC #1, she worked in this Building for a few years. I used to walk and meet her at work. I was offered a fire safety director position but turned it down.

Fast forward recovery 9/11, Bobby Beddia, a fine good looking rugged ladies man, who was the ECC of E 24. Bobby's rugged good looks was caught by the eye of an Ad agency who flew him to Maine to take photos of this outdoorsy fella wearing this 'watch' they were advertising. Bobby and I recovered a Chiefs son together springtime 2002 at the pit. We covered him with the American Flag, Bobby and I carried him out heading the stokes basket, he on one front side and me the other.

Young Joey Graffignino was detailed to L 5 from his regular assignment E 24 and would help me on Sunday mornings wash the rig and maintain the portable ladders. He had a very funny personality and was well loved, known also for the funny faces he could make. He was on his way to a remarkable career.

May they, along with all the other Brothers who have made the Supreme Sacrifice rest eternally and never be forgotten.