Manhattan Box 0931. Aprox 11am Barge fire at the sanitation pier

RCL

Manhattan box 0931maritime emergency per Firewire Facebook page for a barge fire at the sanitation pier. Don't know the rundown or status.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Bulldog
Stumbled across this this morning.

westsiderag.com: FDNY extinguishes barge fire at West Side Pier.
Looks like Westside Rag must have a British reporter writing for them. Nobody in the states set set the fire departments were "attending" the fire! Makes it sound like you're going to a tea party!

Last edited:
Does dispatch protocols still call for a Satellite to be assigned when a Marine Company goes to work at a land-based fire?
I don’t think so anymore. I didn’t see a satellite on the rundown for this. Way back when the SP or a satellite would be assigned on certain land boxes.

RCL

Don't laugh. On the Florida State pump and hydraulics test to be a State Certified engineer(driver/chaffeur/operator enter your favorite term here) there is a question that asks where in England are the fire hydrants located.

Does dispatch protocols still call for a Satellite to be assigned when a Marine Company goes to work at a land-based fire?
I don’t think so anymore. I didn’t see a satellite on the rundown for this. Way back when the SP or a satellite would be assigned on certain land boxes.
They still get assigned on the All Hands. However this was a 2&2 with the Marine Units