Morning Pride/ Morning Pride Gear Spec

The "H" style suspenders we have are from Fire-Dex. Stay away from these, they stink.

ja488 said:
The Quarter Master issues both types.

The ones with the arashield arent the newer types, when you send your gear out and if pants get condemned then you get a brand new pair of pants with the replaceable knee pads.

E

enyfd

6012, Then explain to me Why myself and others in my house who have had our gear recently condemmed have been issued new orange label ARA Type pants. From what I understand your not even a member of the New York City Fire Department, So Stop spreading misinformation...

J

jpop

Interestingly enough i found this text in at least 4 points in Morning Prides catalog.

"Similarly, customers are cautioned that Arashield reinforcements can be a heat sink under certain
conditions and are not recommended."

They mention it by cuff reinforcements, elbow reinforcements and by knee pads.

On the Bi-Flex heat channel knees they mention that instead of going all one material you can mix it up. "An
example of such a knee would be, say Arashield in the center for durability and non-arashield on the sides for
easier flexing."

Which would prob eliminate some of the issues you guys mentioned that you are having, or the annoyance aspect.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
New rules on the pants for FDNY Engines are going stay as is, so if you get new pants you will get the Arashield.
Trucks, Squads, etc. will get pants without the Arashield
Not sure what they are doing with probies.  They normally get gear before getting an assignment.