New Bids Issued

The FDNY has new bids listed in The City Record:
x40 2000 GPM pumpers due 10/14-with option for High Pressure units.
x15 75" towers due 10/27 -with option for 95' ubits.
If the city has a bid out for 40 pumpers what's going on with Seagrave. I thought Seagrave was given the contact when KME backed out. Wasn't the contact for approx 80 pumpers?

If the city has a bid out for 40 pumpers what's going on with Seagrave. I thought Seagrave was given the contact when KME backed out. Wasn't the contact for approx 80 pumpers?

I believe KME lost the contract mid order and it was given to the runner up, Seagrave. Every order has to go through the whole process, that said I think Seagrave has a good shot at holding it.

KME contract that was canceled was for 3 years and various number of rigs so it doesn't male sense why there is a need for another bid...

This bid is probably for the next set of pumpers to be replaced after the current contract is fulfilled. It takes approx. 1-2 years from time of bid announcement to delivery of the first unit. Also there could possibly be some changes to the specifications not addressed in the current contract.

its more then likely a bid to replace the 2014,15 and 16 pumpers, by the time this is awarded it will be late 2020 or early 2021. the new pumper from that order wouldn't be in until late to early 2021,2022. we all know most of the kms will not make the spare pool

its more then likely a bid to replace the 2014,15 and 16 pumpers, by the time this is awarded it will be late 2020 or early 2021. the new pumper from that order wouldn't be in until late to early 2021,2022. we all know most of the kms will not make the spare pool
Richie... I think there are going to be a few KMEs that will either be assigned as Reserve pumpers or put in the spare pool. All the company's keep there rigs clean ect... But there are a few l no off the top of my head... E 70 - 313 - 319 -271- 329 + afew others.. I'm not singling out any particular company. I'm going by previous years.... As of now the rest of the 2008s + the 2009s and 2010s need replacement which will be Seagrave. That was approx 80 units. Then adventually the 2013..2014 & 2015 KMEs need replacement. That's also approx 80 units.

Last edited:
And with the city BILLIONS OF $$$ in the hole when the money runs out there won't be any replacements.

Bulldog

Bulldog
And with the city BILLIONS OF $$$ in the hole when the money runs out there won't be any replacements.
It will be interesting to see how that plays out since the replacement schedule is spelled out in union contracts. Course the other option is to eliminate companies or reduce manning on companies both of which save considerably more money than the price of new trucks.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out since the replacement schedule is spelled out in union contracts. Course the other option is to eliminate companies or reduce manning on companies both of which save considerably more money than the price of new trucks.
Don't give these number crunchers any more ammunition. jmho

I Believe for the engines seagrave didn’t get the entire contract from KME. So this is probably the bid for the remainder.

I Believe for the engines seagrave didn’t get the entire contract from KME. So this is probably the bid for the remainder.
I believe you are incorrect. RFP was for 80 engines. Bids were made based on selling 80 rigs to the city. You can't then break the contact into smaller pieces.