New FDNY/EMS Battalion Vehicle

Battalion 9's had some pretty lousy luck with apparatus there past few years, this would make their 6th in 10 years I think

They were "supposed" to be white over red, not sure why they stayed all red.
Here's a shot of one of our new Battalions, FDNY's were supposed to be white/red like this...........

hmm,

I really like them red. But I can imagine one can be devoted to the 'old' colors.
A while ago our Bergen op Zoom FD had all their rigs white over red, and it was exclusively for this region.

Now there are regulatory requirements for fire trucks and all dutch firetrucks look the same : All red with blue/white striping

R1SmokeEater said:
They were "supposed" to be white over red, not sure why they stayed all red.
Here's a shot of one of our new Battalions, FDNY's were supposed to be white/red like this...........

I think the Yonkers Battalions look Great White/Red.

Only the EMS ones are in service as of now. The Battalions have not received theirs yet. There are a bunch of them in the communications lot on 58th street for a while now. Apparently there is only one tech installing all of the rigs with the MDTs and radios. Hopefully they will come soon.

Who's in charge of new apparatus design, a committee the shops etc? Do they also decide on new equipment/ideas adopted by the department?

nice I haven't seen that yet. I had heard after ems the were going to the soc/saftey batts next before the regular batts. At least they are moving along.

i am happy to report that Batt 22 has recived a new GMC and it looks great at night. but sadly i have no pictures or videos of it. just asking are they using the PA300 on the new gmcs? because the siren sounded different

Very overdone in size  11 inches longer than the excursion which barely fit into several qtrs & the pullout unit in the back will definitly not be able to be pulled out in certain qtrs &  outdoors at boxes  exposes the pullout & its contents to the elements .....sensitive meters stored within HEAT/a.c.??...my personal vehicle was a gmc suburban for 19 years (same one, 85 6.2 litre diesel)  for the last 7 years i have an '03 chevy tahoe either one of these i feel ,would more than suffice ......i was in an FDNY BN from '99 to '09  & i felt the gmc suburbans more than filled the bill the excursion was a clunker the new combo is overkill......i realize the JOB does not want gasolene pumps in qtrs but NYPD uses the same card to fill up at private gas stations ,just as we do to purchase gas for power tools.......the longevity of a gasolene powered suburban or tahoe is more than long enough for the period FDNY has a rig in service.....CON ED has a command vehicle tahoe/yukon that would be more than sufficient as well as more manueverable & more easily quartered or parked at jobs ........JMO.

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
i am happy to report that Batt 22 has recived a new GMC and it looks great at night. but sadly i have no pictures or videos of it. just asking are they using the PA300 on the new gmcs? because the siren sounded different
Hmm might have to try and head over to 162/82 to get a look of that. I am happy to have finally seen the new EMS ones on the streets. In the past 48 hours I got to see 965 and 969. I am a little surprised that the FDNY didn't go with a white over red look on these. I also don't know how big a fan I am of the "FDNY" on the back doors in the stripes. It just seems and feels a little out of place. Finally, I am a bit disappointed that they didn't put any hi-rise lighting on it like they have done for the past 20+ years on the battalions.

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:

All Battalion vehicles 2005 and newer use the Federal Smartsiren.