New Members Brief

nfd2004

Welcome to our Group "RadiomanJohnny". If you are interested in the FDNY, you've come to the right place. We have Active and Retired members of the FDNY here, as well as firefighters, buffs, and dispatchers like yourself, from all over the world.

stevesanchez

Thank you for allowing me to join your group, I've been in this group for a while but never posted until today. Let me introduce myself, I'm a NYC press photographer. I do cover the FDNY a bit mainly in the Bronx and Manhattan. I have grown fond the men and women of the fire department, the courage it takes to do your job for our city. Thank you Steve.

JohnnyGage

Welcome aboard Steve, jump in the water is fine! There is a ton of interesting stories, remembrances, innuendo and history loaded between these pages I'm sure you'll enjoy. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your snaps!

nfd2004

If you are a new member to this site, "We Welcome You".

Our Administrator, "jbendick", a Retired FDNY Captain, would like you to kind of introduce yourself to the membership.

Just a simple, where you are from and your interest in joining this site.

Are you a buff, an active firefighter, a retired firefighter, volunteer or city paid, maybe you are a dispatcher, medic or EMT, or just a guy who has an interest in the fire service, especially that of the FDNY.

Perhaps just your first name, with a few words about yourself and your interest.

So why not make this your FIRST Post on this site. Just click on the latest reply, at the lower right, and you can tell us a little bit about you.

RTH711

Richard T (RTH), Aux FF with Engine 283 during the war years on Bristol St. Former FAD in Brooklyn, again during the war years. Left to become a Police Officer with the Port Authority Of NY & NJ. Retired in 1997. Moved to Wake Forest NC and became a Police Officer from 1998 - 2007, retired as a Lieutenant.

My son Thomas and me traveled from NC to the WTC on 9/12/2001 to assist in anyway we could. We assisted with the Port Authority Police Command. We spent a week there. It was so sad that all those Fire Fighters, Police Officers, EMS and others were killed. The Port Authority lost 37 Officers and 17 of them were close friends of mine. May they all RIP.

Thomas was a volunteer FF with Wake Forest Fire Department. They received a run for a smoke detector activation on Christmas Day (12/25/2002). Their rig was involved in a roll over accident and he sustained serious injuries (requiring 7 operations) which prevented him from becoming a New York City Firefighter (his dream job). He was an active buff when we lived in NJ, traveling with me to Brooklyn to Buff. He still has pain from those injuries, 19 years later.

We did travel to Engine 248 and Batt 41 when I had time off. Great times, great memories .

Now fully retired and living in Port St Lucie Florida.

I know a lot of members on this site, but not many know me as RTH711.

Thank you all very much for keeping this site running. I enjoy being informed and seeing the way things have changed in the FD.

Regards to all

Stay healthy and safe

nfd2004

Thank you very much Richard T., aka "RTH711", for telling us your story. You can certainly be very proud of your contributions to our society and for the job you have done. Both you and your son Thomas, are certainly WELCOMED to this site.

I hope that other new members will also post about themselves, just as you have done.

Thank you.

Bill Dennis, aka Willy D (NFD2004)

RTH711

Thank you very much Richard T., aka "RTH711", for telling us your story. You can certainly be very proud of your contributions to our society and for the job you have done. Both you and your son Thomas, are certainly WELCOMED to this site.

I hope that other new members will also post about themselves, just as you have done.

Thank you.

Bill Dennis, aka Willy D (NFD2004)

Thank you sir.