NEW MERVs

Figured I give a update not sure if there was a post…. The New MERV went out for bid and what I was told Seagrave took it and was looking at it and then sent it back and said they want nothing to do with it since it’s the first time ever making it. Ferrara is out after all the issues with the rescues I am told and KME is out also. Word is it’s out for bid again and possible a company in NJ might get it (not sure who that is?)

The rig is suppose to be similar to to the field com body alittle longer with the walk thru to the cab. The cab is suppose to have seating like field com has also. As more comes in I will update.

Figured I give a update not sure if there was a post…. The New MERV went out for bid and what I was told Seagrave took it and was looking at it and then sent it back and said they want nothing to do with it since it’s the first time ever making it. Ferrara is out after all the issues with the rescues I am told and KME is out also. Word is it’s out for bid again and possible a company in NJ might get it (not sure who that is?)

The rig is suppose to be similar to to the field com body alittle longer with the walk thru to the cab. The cab is suppose to have seating like field com has also. As more comes in I will update.
Maybe Rescue 1 (the apparatus manufacture)?

Bulldog

Bulldog
Maybe Rescue 1 (the apparatus manufacture)?
I actually hadn't heard that name before but by looking at their website they make some pretty nice looking equipment of just about any size! I wonder if they would consider bidding on the new rescues for FDNY? If anybody know what kind of chassis they use or will they use just about anything based on the customer's needs?

I actually hadn't heard that name before but by looking at their website they make some pretty nice looking equipment of just about any size! I wonder if they would consider bidding on the new rescues for FDNY? If anybody know what kind of chassis they use or will they use just about anything based on the customer's needs?
From what I remember the customer purchases whatever chassis they want and then sent it to them to be built on.

Bulldog

Bulldog
From what I remember the customer purchases whatever chassis they want and then sent it to them to be built on.
If that's the case then they will never build a unit for FDNY because of how the specifications are written.

I thought I read in another thread a while back that NYC required the rigs to be built by a single manufacturer I.E. cab by one and body by another
Relatively recent purchases:

Foam units: 2015 Freightliner chassis; Seagrave bodies
Collapse Rescue 4: 2005 Mack chassis, Ferrara body
Collapse Rescue 3: 2009 Spartan chassis, Ferrara body
Satellites: 2019 Peterbilt chassis, Ferrara body

And less recent:

High Rise Units: 2002 Mack chassis, Saulsbury body
Rescues: 1996 HME chassis, Saulsbury body
2002 E-1 chassis, Saulsbury body
1989 Mack chassis, Saulsbury body
1982 ALF chassis, Saulsbury body
And many more.

And less recent:

And many more.
I believe it was mentioned the single source trucks had to do with front line companies, or for a lack of better terms the engines, ladders, rescues, squads etc.

Bulldog

Bulldog

And less recent:

And many more.
That's true but I still believe that the warranty has to be covered by the provider, Seagrave or Ferrara in these cases, I wonder if Rescue 1 would be willing to do that?

Hypothetical question: Let's say Seagrave provides the chassis and Rescue 1 builds the body. Who is the provider? Seagrave? Rescue 1? Whoever got the contract to provide the rig (yeah)?

Bulldog

Bulldog
Hypothetical question: Let's say Seagrave provides the chassis and Rescue 1 builds the body. Who is the provider? Seagrave? Rescue 1? Whoever got the contract to provide the rig (yeah)?
In that case I would say the provider would be Rescue 1 since I'm assuming they would be the one with the contract. Could be an interesting scenario the other way around however if Seagrave bid the trucks and subcontracted the bodies.

I thought I read in another thread a while back that NYC required the rigs to be built by a single manufacturer I.E. cab by one and body by another

Not always. The Collapse Rescues that are on Spartan chassis, the Satellite Units on Peterbilt chassis, and the Tactical Support Units on International chassis are some that come to mind.

BCR

In New Haven our rescue is a Seagrave Cab & chassis with a rescue 1 body. I believe it was considerably cheaper than having Seagrave build the body