New Rescues in Production

Where is There room at both quarters chief? Been awhile since I’ve gone by those houses

When i covered in R*1 after the W 43 St FH was destroyed R*1 was in with 34 / 21 until the new FH was built & there was room (actually immediately after the Fire R*1 was back in their older Qtrs with ENG*65 but soon moved to 34/21 for the duration)......316 is a Walker house & even with the LGA Hose Wagon should be able to fit the spare Rescue....JMO the decision will not to be up to me though.....as i said it really could be stored anywhere there was room inside as it would not be needed as quickly as the Collapse Unit.

I think it's interesting that Ferrara no longer offers the Ultra cab & chassis as an option on their web site. Must not have sold enough of them to make it worthwhile. So . . . have we seen the last of them when this run of rescues is finished???? The new super pumper won't be one either.

Bulldog

Bulldog
I think it's interesting that Ferrara no longer offers the Ultra cab & chassis as an option on their web site. Must not have sold enough of them to make it worthwhile. So . . . have we seen the last of them when this run of rescues is finished???? The new super pumper won't be one either.
Any idea what cab It will have?

Why does Staten Island test out new rigs like the new satellites or the new rescue for only about a week?

Last edited:
I wonder if that spells the end of Ferrara building for the FDNY. The Ultra chassis was Ferrara’s only stainless steel cab. Unless they begin to offer one of their cabs with a stainless option I don’t think they’ll meet the city’s specs.