mack

Administrator
memory master said:
Manhattan = N.Y. County
Bronx        = Bronx County
Brooklyn    = Kings County
Queens      = Queens County
Staten Island = Richmond County

Boroughs are on left, counties on right.  SI was borough of Richmond until 1975. 

mack said:
memory master said:
Manhattan = N.Y. County
Bronx        = Bronx County
Brooklyn    = Kings County
Queens      = Queens County
Staten Island = Richmond County

Boroughs are on left, counties on right.  SI was borough of Richmond until 1975.

Under the 1898 City Charter adopted by the New York State Legislature, a "borough" is a municipal corporation that is created when a county is merged with populated areas within it. - wikipedia

The borough contiguous with Bronx County is The Bronx.

County agencies, such as the courts, are subdivisions of the State of New York.
Boroughs are subdivisions of the City of New York.

t123ken said:
I didn't know E-43 had it.  I assumed the black was to match the black hoods that S.O.C. seems to prefer.
the black hoods allow them to go in deeper, and hotter

If I understand this the engine company was dis-banded and the squad company was organized. If it responds as a first or second due @ a fire and is committed there is no squad available. Is that correct?

grumpy grizzly said:
If I understand this the engine company was dis-banded and the squad company was organized. If it responds as a first or second due @ a fire and is committed there is no squad available. Is that correct?
No, if Sq-8 is operating as a engine at a fire or other emergency ,Sq -1 will be assigned just like it was and just as it is with the other Squads. 

Seems like a partial victory, yes you now have a squad but you lost an engine company. and if the unit is now being used as an engine you now need Squad-1 to respond. Look I am no expert on FDNY, far from it, but it just does not make sense to me. IMHO!

mack

Administrator

https://www.silive.com/news/2018/12/first-day-on-the-job-for-staten-islands-new-fdny-squad-co-8.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L68eXDMUss

It looks like they wasted no time in removing the "Engine 154" from the building.
I'd like to think Engine 154's members did it but I don't know.

mack

Administrator
t123ken said:
It looks like they wasted no time in removing the "Engine 154" from the building.
I'd like to think Engine 154's members did it but I don't know.