News of Members

AuxWarYearsCapt

Today, June 29th we want to wish our good friend Doug M., aka "AuxWarYearsCapt", a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Many HAPPY and HEALTHY Years ahead as you celebrate your 68th today

Uncle Willy
Thank you all for the birthday greetings. Sorry the other message l sent l guess didn't go thru

Rich M

Sorry I missed this before, Happy Belated Birthday Doug from one MV guy to another.

grumpy grizzly

After having as a Federal/military firefighter At Peoria IL ANG, Naval Surface Weapons Center in Dahlgren VA on Truck 28, and the Navy Boot Camp at North Chicago my son James has been hired as a municipal fire-fighter in Joliet Illinois. It has been awhile in happening but many of the towns require a paramedic qualification as well. I am sure he will be happy there, they have their fair share of work as well as two Interstates running through town.

nfd2004

That is Great News Grump.
I'm sure that you are very proud of his accomplishment

He worked hard to get there and certainly has an EXCELLENT Resume to offer the City of Joliet.

I wish him all the best and a Safe and Happy Career as a member of Joliet's Bravest.

fdce54

Congratulations to your son, Grump. Tell him to say hello to Joliet Jake for me.

nfd2004

Members and visitors to this web site, I would like to introduce you to Member "BCR", who I just recently learned is a firefighter and recently promoted to Lt working in two of New Haven, Ct's busiest fire companies.
No doubt, among the busiest in the entire State of Connecticut.

His name is Bill Regan, and he was most recently assigned to the very busy New Haven Fire Dept's Engine 6, as the assigned driver of that apparatus.
He spent 7 1/2 years there.
I can tell you that Engine 6 (also Truck 4 with them) certainly sees it's share of work.
Anybody familiar with the NHFD will certainly confirm that.

Just to add a point here - back in April, 2018, a couple of us from this web site were given a tour of the New Haven Fire Department by then, I believe "Lt" Bill Wargo, now Captain.
Engine 6/Ladder 4 was one of the firehouses that he brought us to.
Then, Engine 6 driver, Bill Regan, remembered seeing us after they came back from a run.

Bill Regan, was just recently promoted to Lt and is now working another very busy company, Engine 11 on Howard Ave, where they share quarters with Truck 2, and an Emergency ALS unit, (Am I right there "Signal73") known as "The Hill Section".

Let me just add another interesting point here.
Very often Engine 11/Truck 2 and Engine 6/Truck 4 often catch jobs together, so it looks like NHFD Lt Bill Regan is "Still in the Heat of it All".

Congratulations on your recent promotion, Lt Regan.

All the Best Bill and Thank You for your contributions to this web site.

Signal73

Who? Never heard of him. I know a Willis Maximus who is one hell of a fire fighter in new haven who recently got promoted lol

Yes Willy Emergency 2 is with them

Bill is a good friend and probably one of the best fire fighters in new haven I know.
He paid me to say that lol jk