News of Members

nfd2004

A belated 97th birthday to brother Ken Kelly - Bridgeport CT - retired firefighter.

God bless you, Ken.

View attachment 13244

Recently I showed my 97 year old Buff Buddy, Ken Kelly, this photo.

I asked him if he was the back-up actor to play the character known as "Bull", (played by Kurt Russell), a tough Chicago Fire Lt in the movie "Backdraft" released in May, 1991.

He had no response and would neither deny, nor confirm, that he had a part in that 1991 movie. He only had a great BIG SMILE on his face.

Here is a scene from that Backdraft movie. As I watch it, I certainly DO Believe that Kenny could have been that back up movie star in this movie. I'm sure a few guys here that know him, might feel the same way.

I would just like to add though, Kenny is NOT a Retired Bridgeport Firefighter BUT he has always been a well respected buff of that fire department.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbtuq3d8ee4

nfd2004

I am very happy to report that Doug M., aka "AuxWarYearCapt", is being released from the hospital today Friday March 12th, after being treated exactly one month for pneumonia and Covid19.

Doug says that at one point his oxygen level dropped down to 76 %. Very low considering 95-96 % is normal.

The doctor told Doug that for the next month and a half, or two he will continue to need bed rest.

Doug, we are ALL glad to hear that you will be home today. Judst follow that doctors advice because they sure know what they're talking about.

Surely, once again, CREDIT goes to all the nurses and doctors who took care of Doug, as well as all the doctors, nurses, and hospital staff that save lives every hour of the day, behind the four walls of every hospital in America.

Thanks Doug for passing this GREAT NEWS onto us.

skiLB

I am very happy to report that Doug M., aka "AuxWarYearCapt", is being released from the hospital today Friday March 12th, after being treated exactly one month for pneumonia and Covid19.

Doug says that at one point his oxygen level dropped down to 76 %. Very low considering 95-96 % is normal.

The doctor told Doug that for the next month and a half, or two he will continue to need bed rest.

Doug, we are ALL glad to hear that you will be home today. Judst follow that doctors advice because they sure know what they're talking about.

Surely, once again, CREDIT goes to all the nurses and doctors who took care of Doug, as well as all the doctors, nurses, and hospital staff that save lives every hour of the day, behind the four walls of every hospital in America.

Thanks Doug for passing this GREAT NEWS onto us.
GREAT NEWS!! rest up Doug!

raybrag

Best news I've heard all day! Welcome home, Doug! and stay away from 319 for another month or so . . . no matter WHAT you want to do. Thanks for updating us, Willy.

AuxWarYearsCapt

Best news I've heard all day! Welcome home, Doug! and stay away from 319 for another month or so . . . no matter WHAT you want to do. Thanks for updating us, Willy.
raybrag...
l actually haven't gone by 319 . For myself l walked into 319 on my birthday June 29.2019 for the last time after buffing there for
60 YEARS... Things have changed. New bosses allot of new probies and guys less than 5 years. The firehouse just isn't the same. i wish everyone all the best and hope they have long safe careers. 319 will always be part of my life. l was honored enough to meet the greatest firefighters and bosses during the war years in East New York during 319s interchange days from 1970 thru 1980 with 332. Also in the later years Chief Kleehauss was the Batt commander in the 46 and Bob Turner also another Batt commander in the 46. i can on and on but we would be here for years. Also the most important are the great members in this group that keep me going. Brad l just wish l could type faster and beat you to a post..lol.
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE POSTS YOU SENT ME WISHING A SPEEDY RECOVERY. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.
Doug Marra. aka AuxWarYearsCapt

Last edited: