News of Members

We Welcome one of our newest members to the site, "Dan R", aka Dan Rinaldi.

Dan is a Providence, RI firefighter who has been working Providence FDs "Special Hazards 1", (Providences version of an FDNY Rescue Co) for many years. I think (?) he is currently the "Senior Man in the Dept".

Dan and I go back several years when I was chasing the fire trucks in Providence besides the FDNY. Providence is the largest city in Rhode Island and the third largest city of 178,000 people in New England. It is an old New England city of closely packed, multi family dwellings, as well as some old factories.

Dan has a story on here posted in the Video section called: "Surviving a May Day".

He also is an excellent cook and has been in national cooking contest across the country. A few years ago he took part in a contest in NYC among firefighters from across the country. "If not for that dang FDNY, he would have come out in 1st place". But being second place I guess isn't so bad anyway.

I would also mention that a few guys from this site made the trip to Providence where they joined Dan for the day for some chow and a tour of the city. Plus of course a few stories to go with it.

As you can guess, Dan is into the job like so many others here.

Members of this site, I have some very sad news.

This morning, Thursday June 11th, we lost a good friend. His name - Jack O'Riley, aka "JOR176".

Jack had retired from the FDNY Communications Division where he worked on the street fire alarm boxes.

Jack was also a member of the FDNY Bell Club and a buff of the FDNY.

I had met Jack one time in Florida where he lived after his retirement. He also had a daughter living in New Jersey that he would come up to visit on occassions.

Sometimes he would also join a few of us at a favorite spot of ours in Bayside Queens called Maggie Mays. He would often travel there with his good friend Warren Fuchs, retired FDNY Dispatcher.

Jack we will miss you and thank you for all your services to the City of New York.

Rest in Peace Jack.

Willy D and your friends of Nycfire.net

Last edited:
Members of this site, I have some very sad news.

This morning, Thursday June 11th, we lost a good friend. His name - Jack O'Riley, aka "JOR176".

Jack had retired from the FDNY Communications Division where he worked on the street fire alarm boxes.

Jack was also a member of the FDNY Bell Club and a buff of the FDNY.

I had met Jack one time in Florida where he lived after his retirement. He also had a daughter living in New Jersey that he would come up to visit on occassions.

Sometimes he would also join a few of us at a favorite spot of ours in Bayside Queens called Maggie Mays. He would often travel there with his good friend Warren Fuchs, retired FDNY Dispatcher.

Jake we will miss you and thank you for all your services to the City of New York.

Rest in Peace Jack.

Willy D and your friends of Nycfire.net

Rest in peace Jack O'.

Willy D asked me to post this

Jack O’Riley JOR176 is standing in the center

Garrett Lundgren, 69METS Retired FDNY is on his left and on Jacks right

This picture was taken in 2014

RIP JOR

36F80873-76A9-49F5-95EC-339C61471F75.jpeg

RIP Jack. Good friend. Used to look forward to seeing Jack at the Bell Club dinner. Always sharp on Brooklyn box assignments. He will be missed.

Did he work for either the Job, the Quartermaster (if it was around then), or the vendor when bunker gear was first being distributed?
I remember the name.
Rest in peace.