News of Members

Dan, great show last night. You could have used another two hours. Now we have got to get the Grand Poobah himself, Tough Willy on there to recount his days buffing and fighting fires in Connecticut. I like that Kevin said they are going to take the show on the road. It sounds like they are going to track down the elusive Chief J.K.

This evening, Thursday July 2nd, "The Getting Salty Experience", presented FDNY Firefighter Captain John Calamari, aka "jkal" on this site.

Retired FDNY Captain Calamari presented some great stories to the viewing audience.

If you missed the live show, you should be able to check it out later on YouTube - "Gettin' Salty FDNY Firefighter Captain John Calamari".

Thanks Cap, GREAT SHOW.

We've also seen another member of this site on Gettin' Salty.

Retired FDNY Captain John Calamari, aka "jkal" of Ladder 120.

Hope you guys got a chance to see that one too. If not, check it out.

We have other members here who I'm sure a lot of us would like to see on that program.

Here's a few:

Of course Retired B/C Jack Kleehaas, aka "68jk09"

Our site Administrator, Retired Capt John Bendick, aka "jbendick"

Retired Dep Chief Bob Manson, aka *******

Retired Capt Dan Keenan, aka "8060 Rock"

Retired FDNY Firefighter Garrett Lindgren, aka "69Mets"

All of the above - highly respected members of the FDNY. All with their own group of stories to tell. With ALL carrying around a resume of working some of the busiest FDNY companies in the city.

So Kevin, Lou, and Pete, of "Gettin Salty", if you have us tuned in, here's a few guys that are "into the job" and without a doubt - Paid Their Dues. Just ask the guys that worked with them. They'll tell you.

mack

Administrator
Dan - You were terrific. You can tell a story and make us feel we were there with you. The experiences you have had, the things you have done and the people you have worked with are amazing - and a credit to who you are. We all appreciate Glory Days. Please sign me up for a copy of your book. Most of all, you are a good guy - a terrific person who has done so much for so many people. Thank you Dan!

Dan - You were terrific. You can tell a story and make us feel we were there with you. The experiences you have had, the things you have done and the people you have worked with are amazing - and a credit to who you are. We all appreciate Glory Days. Please sign me up for a copy of your book. Most of all, you are a good guy - a terrific person who has done so much for so many people. Thank you Dan!
I concur, I would even like to be in on the publishing if needed. What do you say Johnny Gage?

Right on Willy, I believe, especially on this terrific site that we all support our Brothers in Blue for their sacrifice and difficult working conditions that are unprecedented. Salute to Truck 4 Brother!

A special thank you to two good buddies Mack and Elwood for their very kind encouraging words (who knows?). The stories are fun to do, and I'll bet as Willy mentioned there are a ton more great stories waiting to break out from Garrett, Chief JK , Chief Bob, Capt John and Capt Dan that need to be shared.

And thanks to all the viewers who have contacted me with their wonderful thoughts and support too. It has truly been my pleasure.

I think when this virus thing blows over we need to think about a real Ho-down in Bayside! Stay safe and well Brothers.
Best always, Dan/Johnny KMG-365

Great show, Johnny. Still can't figure out why, in your travels, you never put in a transfer to E 248, The Heart of Flatbush. LOL