News of Members

That's not Dec. That guy in the photo is Wide awake with those women!

I must agree with Frank, aka "fdce54".

Both you and I, plus others on this site have seen "Dec", aka "Irish" in action when some pretty ladies try to put the make on him.

We know of at least one case where a pretty lady tried to get him involved in conversation THREE SEPARATE TIMES in One Night. What did our boy Declan do ?

Each time she tried, he was falling asleep on her.

I think many of us later agreed that if that lady had the same interest in any one of us, "we wouldn't be spending the rest of the night with a bunch of Old Guys, like each of us".

But despite his falling asleep on not only that lady, he fell asleep on us too. The youngest guy among us. But we all still love the guy and he certainly is a very good friend to many of us here.

And another birthday to celebrate, today is posting guru Signal73's birthday. Happy Birthday Brad! Here's to many more.

Happy Birthday, Brad! Are you sure you want to stay on that road to Geezerhood (and join Willy, Frank & me?) ;)

On this 20th Anniversary of the Attack on America, we take a moment out to say Thank You and to wish Declan Byrne, aka "Irish", a Happy Birthday.

For those who don't know this young man, we call "Dec", he has done so much for the FDNY, as mentioned above. Including taking part in the Tunnel to Towers run, making the trip all the way from Dublin, Ireland over the last few years.

On this very sad and tragic day we remember all those we have lost. As well as those who are still suffering the effects of September 11, 2001.

But on this date, we also need to appreciate what people like Declan Byrne have done in honoring and remembering that painful day.

Declan was a youngster when this event happened. But for those of us who know Dec, he has never mentioned anything about this date being his birthday. He has only mentioned about doing what he can to honor and help those victims of 9/11.

Happy Birthday Dec, and THANK YOU for all you've done for so many people, on the anniversary of Americas saddest day.
Many thanks for the kind words Uncle Willy D and all who wished me a happy birthday under his comments. Lovely day had with the family whilst keeping an eye on things from the US

Please god we'll all be together next year and raise a glass or two again