News of Members

Garrett ....Best Wishes for a Happy & Healthy Birthday & Best Wishes for many more....always a pleasure .

We would like to wish, Nycfire.net member, Garrett Lindgren, aka "69METS", a very Happy Birthday today, January 17th.

Garrett, a retired FDNY Member, is also a good friend to many of us here.

A Firefighter who enjoyed doing the job following in his fathers footsteps.

His career was spent in some of the busiest FDNY companies in the city.

Happy Birthday Brother.
Happy Birthday Garrett!!!

Happy and Healthy Birthday G-man and many more!

View attachment 16310

THANK YOU Mr Gage for passing on the news of "G-man's", Tom Eve, aka "guitarman314" Birthday today January 18th.

Tom, "G-man" has been a very valuable contributor to this site.
He is also known for playing his guitar among many of the well known Doo Wop groups.

In addition to that, Tom is a model building of fire trucks from scratch. He has built many model fire trucks from scratch for individuals, purely based on a picture. Right down to every exact detail.

Our Administrator, John Bendick in fact has a model of FDNY's Engine 75 proudly on display in his living room.

Happy Birthday Tom

I might also add that we have an entire thread in the "Collectibles Section" dedicated to "G-man"
The title of that thread is: "The Very Talented guitarman314"

Here is Toms, the "G-man's" story.

www.nycfire.net/forums/threads/the-very-talented-guitarman314.25738/

Last edited:
THANK YOU Mr Gage for passing on the news of "G-man's", Tom Eve, aka "guitarman314" Birthday today January 18th.

Tom, "G-man" has been a very valuable contributor to this site.
He is also known for playing his guitar among many of the well known Doo Wop groups.

In addition to that, Tom is a model building of fire trucks from scratch. He has built many model fire trucks from scratch for individuals, purely based on a picture. Right down to every exact detail.

Our Administrator, John Bendick in fact has a model of FDNY's Engine 75 proudly on display in his living room.

Happy Birthday Tom

I might also add that we have an entire thread in the "Collectibles Section" dedicated to "G-man"
The title of that thread is: "The Very Talented guitarman314"

Here is Toms, the "G-man's" story.

www.nycfire.net/forums/threads/the-very-talented-guitarman314.25738/
After wishing The G-Man (Tom Eve) a Happy Birthday on Facebook. I was told its not until March 6th lol

I was piggybacking wishing Garrett, who I call G-man a happy birthday, but hey, guitarman's is only a couple of months away, you could be the first!

No, Dan . . . you're not going to wiggle out of it that easily. And just a couple of days from the 50th anniversary of YOUR (Johnny Gage's) birth! I'm gonna get the Willy police after you for such an egregious error. :p:cool::rolleyes::unsure::geek:

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
Gman's Birthday is March 6 - so an early Happy Birthday, Tom. From last year:

"Gman - "The Pride of Staten Island" and the Bronx too.

Happy Birthday Tom.

Guitarman - back in the days:

View attachment 13273

View attachment 13274

Tom is a gifted musician, a man of many talents and a good friend to all."

We love you, Tom.

mack

Administrator
Tom tracked all FDNY apparatus assignments - all apparatus. He also knew in detail major jobs, firehouse details, member information - and all fire-related details everyone else had forgotten. Originally from the Bronx, he relocated to SI near Engine 160/Rescue 5/D 8 and now lives in Florida.

mack

Administrator
Gary and his bride Nancy are terrific contributors to friends, neighbors and organizations and highly respected in the Sarasota area. They happily share good NYC pizza with visitors and friends.

1642574022409.png

For those of you who might have missed it, a good friend of mine asked in the "Communications/Technology Section" - topic "FDNY Fireground Accountability, a question which was quickly answered by retired FDNY member, Brian B., aka "skiLB"
Now, I'd like to take a moment to introduce you to that long time good friend of mine, who asked that question.

His name is Jeff R., aka "RatPack2" on this site.

Jeff and I both buffed the FDNY together.
As I remember, he started his FDNY Buffing in the early 1980s, as many parts of the city were still burning.

Jeff got "hooked" like so many others did.
We followed the rigs and sometimes got invited to ride.
It was an experience that we later would use to help others learn the job.

Jeff is now a Battalion Chief with the New London, Ct Fire Dept.
A very busy place for it's size and population.
I think the department runs Three Engines with an officer and two firefighters, One Tower Ladder with I believe two firefighters, two very busy ambulances staffed with two members each, plus a battalion chief on each shift.
With the busy I-95 passing through and a very active shoreline area, they certainly get their share of rescue incidents as well.
New London is also home to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.

During those FDNY buffing years, we were often joined by another member here, Scott L.
Scott L., whose user name I believe is "Bxboro" also joined us.
Scott is now a retired firefighter from the "Poquonnock Bridge Fire Department", a fully paid, active fire department within Groton, Ct

I would also like to add, his brother, who we used to call "Little Mikie" told us that he wanted to be an FDNY Firefighter in Rescue 3.
Of course that's what we ALL Wanted to do.
But for "Little Mikie L. that dream came true.
Mike L., got on the job where he was first assigned to FDNY Ladder 11
He then spent time in Squad 41
Then moved onto the place he told us he wanted - FDNYs Rescue 3, aka "Big Blue"

Mike L., has since retired from the FDNY and guess what he's doing now ?
He is now a firefighter with that "Poquonnock Bridge Fire Department" in Groton.
Mike L., replaced his older brother Scott, "Bxboro", when he retired.

I guess it all started with myself, Jeff, Scott, and Mike, chasing the Brothers of the FDNY around those busy streets.
No DOUBT, the FDNY had a HUGE Impact on our lives.
These days We owe it ALL to the Members of the FDNY.
A generation or two later, "We say THANK YOU"

mack

Administrator
Site member surgery - 2/10/22 - BC Steve Elliott

BC Steve Elliott will have a serious surgical procedure Thursday. Steve, a good friend to many of us, appreciates our support and prayers. Steve has been a BC in the Albermarle County Fire Department. We will get updates from his wife. His surgery will be in Martha Jefferson Hospital in Charlottesville. Thanks to all friends and members - keeping Steve in your thoughts.

BC E.jpg

Last edited:
Site member surgery - 2/10/22 - BC Steve Elliott

BC Steve Elliott will have a serious surgical procedure Thursday. Steve, a good friend to many of us, appreciates our support and prayers. Steve has been a BC in the Albermarle County Fire Department. We will get updates from his wife. His surgery will be in the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville. Thanks to all friends and members - keeping Steve in your thoughts.

View attachment 16675
Speedy recovery Brother.

All the Best Steve.

We will keep you in our prayers and we need to put our confidence in those doctors and nurses who have proven themselves when it comes to medical issues. They know their stuff.