News of Members

mack

Administrator
3 24 jb.gif

Dan Potter, aka JohnnyGage, received encased flag flow by DCFD Engine 21 on 9/11/21 to honor him. Dan was member of Engine 21 for 3 years before his career in FDNY. Dan made a scaling ladder rescue as a member of Engine 21 to rescue a trapped woman. The members of Engine 21 were proud to honor Dan for his life-saving rescue and also for his career as a firefighter both in DCFD and FDNY.

Site members celebrating with Dan are Frank Donohue, Gary Greenbaum, Ken Fisher, Joe Materia, Tom Kuefner and John Bendick, who hosted the get-together.

Dan w/DCFD Engine 21

DP3 (2).jpg

Dan Front21[21420] (2).jpg

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
3 24 22 FD.gif

Frank Donohue was also honored at the get together for his career contributions as a Con Ed Supervisor, career FDNY supporter, fire buff, volunteer firefighter and good friend to all. Congratulations Frank!

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
Other NYC Firenet awards were made to site members at John's gathering:

Tom Kuefner & Dan Potter - "No Frills Award"

NO Frills (2).jpg

Dan Potter - "Patrick Swayze Mullet Award"

10-PatrickSwayze Dan (2).jpg

Tom Kuefner - "USCG Semper Paratus Award"

TOM 2.jpg

Gary Greenbaum - "Best All Time Radio Broadcaster Award"

Gary Final.jpg

Ken Fisher - "USAF Aim High Award"

KEN2.jpg

John Bendick, Jr - "Helping FDNY Brothers Award"

John Jr.jpg

mack

Administrator
Look alikes:
View attachment 18039

Dan Potter, aka JohnnyGage, received encased flag flow by DCFD Engine 21 on 9/11/21 to honor him. Dan was member of Engine 21 for 3 years before his career in FDNY. Dan made a scaling ladder rescue as a member of Engine 21 to rescue a trapped woman. The members of Engine 21 were proud to honor Dan for his life-saving rescue and also for his career as a firefighter both in DCFD and FDNY.

Site members celebrating with Dan are Frank Donohue, Gary Greenbaum, Ken Fisher, Joe Materia, Tom Kuefner and John Bendick, who hosted the get-together.

Dan w/DCFD Engine 21

View attachment 18048

View attachment 18049

Members of DCFD Engine 21 honored Dan with a ceremony when they flew a special flag for him on their firehouse on September 11. Then they continued their WTC memorial inside and watched a 9/11 Memorial show on TV which had as the special guest a NYC firefighter who worked the WTC the day of the attack - FF Dan Potter.

mack

Administrator
Dan also shared several pictures of his upcoming book - "They Saved New York". It will contain approximately 80 interviews and photographs from FF legends of the "War Years", to today's legend's of the "Glory Days" and after 9/11. It is being written by Dan Potter and photographed by Glenn Usdin.

Dan shared the fascinating eye-witness accounts of every major NYC fire that occurred during this period which will provide a terrific history of important FDNY events as well as the personal histories of the firefighters who were there.

This is a very meaningful labor of love to honor self-less heroes. Dan indicated that all his proceeds will go to the Joey D foundation. He indicated he has heard many fascinating stories. This book is one of a kind and per Dan - "You'll laugh and be humbled."

I want to thank John B and his lovely wife Madeline for their hospitality for having us at their house and to everyone who was there. It was my pleasure to finally meet some of you in person. A big thanks to Joe for all the awards, they were awesome. The flag awarded to Dan, who was the quintessential firefighter when we worked together, was a great honor. I an honored to be included to everyone’s friendship.
To Willy and Jack, I’m sorry you guys couldn’t make it, as I miss seeing both of you.
Until next time, stay safe brothers, Tom K

mack

Administrator
I want to thank John B and his lovely wife Madeline for their hospitality for having us at their house and to everyone who was there. It was my pleasure to finally meet some of you in person. A big thanks to Joe for all the awards, they were awesome. The flag awarded to Dan, who was the quintessential firefighter when we worked together, was a great honor. I an honored to be included to everyone’s friendship.
To Willy and Jack, I’m sorry you guys couldn’t make it, as I miss seeing both of you.
Until next time, stay safe brothers, Tom K

"Lt. Q" - Engine 5

TK1 (4).jpg

Today, April 4th, we would like to wish a very good friend to many of us, as well as a HIGHLY RESPECTED, Retired Battalion Chief of the FDNY, a "VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY".

We are also very fortunate to have him with us on this web site.

I am referring to, Retired FDNY Battalion Chief, Jack Kleehaas, aka "68jk09".

Thank you Chief, and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Happy Birthday Chief,

Thanks for all the help you have given me along the way on this site.

As well as everything you have done for this site though out the years.

Happy Birthday Chief

When the Chief was a Lt. in SQ-41

L to R:
Bobby Hamilton (RIP 9/11), Kevin Donovan,
Lt. Jack Kleehaas, Craig Buccieri & Neil Halpin

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 1.53.45 PM.png

Last edited: