NYPD LODD

Two members of New York City's Finest lost

Both gunned down responding to this incident.

As "GeoC" says; from NY to LA - this has got to stop.

Our police officers have been treated as criminals, while our criminals walk the streets

In some cases the many victims of these criminals may never walk or talk again, due to their serious injuries.

I have the highest respect for our police officers for the difficult and very dangerous job they do. From our smallest towns to our largest cities. They never know what they may face during their shift.

I can only express my sincere condolences to the family members and the Brothers and Sisters of the NYPD on the loss of these two brave police officers.

Please God, may they rest in peace, and may the family members and friends be given the strength to deal with this very sad event in their lives.

God Bless Those Who Serve, and Those Who Mourn. Rest In Peace.
Thoughts & Prayers for NYPD Members, Family & Friends. 😔
Well said about the PD across the nation. First responders too often go from Hero’s to Enemies, to some by the actions of a few
I always respected them even in those territorial battles of the 70’s.
My son is NYPD so I am biased and worried about him everyday.

mack

Administrator
A tragedy - prayers for officers, families, NYPD.

Attacks on our law enforcement officers indicate a breakdown of our society, of our nation - a disregard for the rule of law and order. This is deeper than a lack of human respect that is sadly becoming commonplace. Our society is deteriorating. Why do we tolerate this? Why do we elect politicians who enable lawlessness and violence?

mack

Administrator

NYPD Officer Killed, Another Critically Injured After Shot in Harlem During Domestic Violence Call: Police​

The suspect was shot and pronounced dead at the scene; police said a third cop at the scene, who sources said is a rookie NYPD officer, shot the suspect after the two officers were struck by gunfire​

An NYPD officer has died and another was in critical condition following a shooting in Harlem on Friday. There have been three other shootings in January that left other officers injured. NBC New York team coverage.

A 22-year-old NYPD officer was killed and another officer is in critical condition after they were shot in Harlem Friday evening while responding to a domestic violence call, senior police officials told NBC New York.

Three uniformed officers responded to a domestic disturbance call around 6:15 p.m. on West 135th Street by a mother who said she was fighting with her son, according to police. She did not mention any injuries, or any weapons, on the call.

After officers arrived, they went to a rear bedroom, where the suspect fired multiple times as they approached the door. The man then tried to run from the apartment, but was confronted by the third officer, who shot him twice.

Both officers were rushed to the hospital, where one was pronounced dead, police said. The other officer was badly injured and listed in critical condition at Harlem Hospital, and was undergoing surgery in an effort to save his life.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams spoke at Harlem Hospital as the second officer was still in surgery.

"Normally when we do briefings like this, it's just the police officials who stand at this podium. I did not want that tonight. I wanted everyone to be in the same room. I wanted everyone to be here to understand: It is our city against the killers," he said in an emotional plea. "This was just not an attack on three brave officers, this was an attack on the city of New York. It is an attack on the children and families of this city."

The suspect, identified as 47-year-old Lashawn McNeil, was shot and pronounced dead at the scene.

Police officials have requested the names of the officers not yet be reported, as some next of kin have not yet been notified.

Alleged shooter:

Lashawn McNeil, 47, - who was out on probation at the time on a 2003 felony narcotics charge in New York City, and who had four arrests in other states - died when a third officer opened fire as he tried to flee

Last edited:
SUNDAY 1-23-22 1200 hrs ....A Dignified Transfer was held for NYPD Officer Jason Rivera to the Riverdale Funeral Home .

FROM PBA TWITTER..... QUOTE .. "During the dignified transfer of @nypd32pct Officer Jason Rivera's remains, his brother shared this poignant message to all of the cops and firefighters who stood at attention: “Never forget my brother, because he loved all of you. He loved all of you. Never forget my brother.” UNQUOTE.

NYPD Officer Wilbert Mora will be transported to NYU Langone Medical Center between 1700 to 1800 hrs Sunday 1-23-22......135 St ...FDR...to 34 St.