Oklahoma fire department is working to bring 'The Spirit of Oklahoma' rescue truck home from New York City

I last saw it at the Rock, completely stripped down with the graphics removed in October of 2019.

Bulldog

Bulldog
When the FDNY was no longer going to use the Rig it should have been offered to be given back to Oklahoma for free if they wanted it........ some pictures of it.... spirit of oklahoma fire truck
I'm sure somehow that when you take "big city politics" into consideration there was no way they could do that legally. Even though it was the right thing to do as far as the rank-and-file went through the politicians didn't even want to hear that option.

^^^^^^ I think if the scrap yard who now owns the SPIRIT did not pay the $ 15,000. that people are trying to raise to buy it back.....NY City probably got a few thousand at best....a drop in the bucket to them....when it was given to NYC i bet the powers that be did not think twice & grabbed it....how much did it save the City through the years .....they SHOULD have offered it back.....i can't see Oklahoma refusing it .....even if they never drive it .....i am sure they would welcome it as a 9-11 type Memorial..... here is R*5s old Rig that was up for only $ 5,000. ....... https://www.propertyroom.com/l/2002...lFwOkVl2rTiKhWG0YOD39FVShmZSC9d_761NWL4A35dQ#

Bulldog

Bulldog
I sincerely hope that the "anonymous donor" was somehow associated with FDNY. Hopefully someone realize how wrong they were and scrapping the rig instead of donating it back to Oklahoma!