Photos of FDNY's New rigs

FDNY220122 said:
guitarman314 said:
   Hold on, I'm getting them ready for you. Hold on. ;)

AWESOME RIGS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURES. Do you know if all of them are gonna had the same light or will the stick to the older LEDS?

It looks as if the mini lightbars on the front are a combination light. Looks like the outboard lights are rotators and the inner section of the outboard lights are LED.  Interesting. 

Also the rigs are nice but I don't care for the walkthru cab. As much as the city is paying for these rigs they should have keep the older seating style. 

What is the concensus of the brothers? Who is for this new seating style whos against it.

Stay safe

Squad2 said:
FDNY220122 said:
guitarman314 said:
   Hold on, I'm getting them ready for you. Hold on. ;)

AWESOME RIGS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURES. Do you know if all of them are gonna had the same light or will the stick to the older LEDS?

It looks as if the mini lightbars on the front are a combination light. Looks like the outboard lights are rotators and the inner section of the outboard lights are LED.  Interesting. 

Also the rigs are nice but I don't care for the walkthru cab. As much as the city is paying for these rigs they should have keep the older seating style. 

What is the concensus of the brothers? Who is for this new seating style whos against it.

Stay safe

Because we now gain some leg room we're kinda for them (atleast some of us). With the older rigs you were fighting for leg room and were never comfortable once you did get it feet on top of each other or on top of tools.  However they ain't what we've been used to and it always takes time to readjust.  I know I mentioned comfortable and in a fire apparatus in the same sentance, but when you are stepping on the guy across from you, it does become an issue. Especially if you can use his feet as pontoons to span a river.  There were some rigs with the same set-up(don't ask me what years) and it wasn't too bad. With the present set-up a truckie has to gather his tools mostly stored on the floor of the riding compartment and  then run around to the other side of the rig and try to find the boss, most of the times he's already in the building. Sure it sounds simple.... run to the building on fire, but when it's an odor of gas or any other non-fire emergency you now have to start looking for the building and some buildings don't have the building number properly marked. Seconds mean everything when you have a super aggresive boss who's standing at the aprtment door looking to gain access, but his inside team is looking for the building.

F

firekid52a

FDNYCFD138 said:
Where was the MDT or radio... i guess not put in yet??

Why would it need an MDT because its gonna be stationed at the rock???

J

ja488

firekid52a said:
FDNYCFD138 said:
Where was the MDT or radio... i guess not put in yet??

Why would it need an MDT because its gonna be stationed at the rock???

If you used common sense more, took a step back and thought about things, 90% of your questions would be answered....

Because you don't know if it will ever have to go into the field is the most logical answer. I mean, the only 2006 engine just went from CTS to E-168 on SI, and reserve units have been used as spares. You never know....

Besides I'm sure probies have to learn how to read the MDT from SOMEWHERE =P

F

firekid52a

they would learn on the job b/c they would not need to know this until there oretty much an officer.

All Members should be able to see and MDT Screen for the CIDS information from Officer to Proby. This information is not just for Officers but for all members safety. It's about time the FDNY put screens in crew cab so information can be seen by all.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
As far as training with the MDT.  They do have mock up MDT's that can be used in a class room for teaching.

And yes the proby does need to know how to use the MDT.  If the officer is away from the rig someone needs to know how to work the MDT and when the proby is watching the rig they will need to be the one.

mac8146 said:
All Members should be able to see and MDT Screen for the CIDS information from Officer to Proby. This information is not just for Officers but for all members safety. It's about time the FDNY put screens in crew cab so information can be seen by all.

I agree. Even a senior fireman with a probie next to him can fill him in on the good stuff. Even the best officers have 34,976,142 things going through their heads when the unit gets to the scene, hopefully the other guys on the rig will get the CIDS. The officer won't always have time to make sure his guys know where the standpipe is, apartment #'s, etc. It also may be an unfamiliar buidling also, i.e. E319 relocates to E260 beause E260 is at the Rock for training.... E319/E260 gets the box for a fire in L.I. City, the crew needs to know the CIDS.

Has anyone heard if these new pumpers are being placed in service yet. Was sent photo of E-22 at Randall's Island and have seen the Rock rig,E-3 and 317.

mac8146 said:
Has anyone heard if these new pumpers are being placed in service yet. Was sent photo of E-22 at Randall's Island and have seen the Rock rig,E-3 and 317.

So far it looks like Engs 3 and 22 still have their old rigs.  Last I heard about a month ago the rigs were sent back because they failed their pump tests in some way and needed to be reprogrammed.