Proposed 2010 Budget

and lets not ask the same question in EVERY single category it could fall under.

baileyjeff said:
Anyone know if the stimulus money will stop these closures?

im sure bloomberg can spare the $9 millon know but the problem is will he?? anyway with the stimulus i rember reading or hearing somewhere that they nypd could hire another 441 cops with the money

E

eng1aux415

How many companies do you think they will be disbanding in Manhattan??? I know Enigne 4 / Ladder 15 / Engine 21 is going to be closed on the night tour. The news about the New NYPD recruits is bull!!! The NYPD can kiss my @**, they do nothing but sit around all day eating donuts, while our brothers in the FDNY are out on runs, doing their job and puting theirselfs in even more dangerous condition then anyone else. They go on EMS, Haz-Mat, MVA's, and Fire Calls all day long sometime staying up all night keeping the citizens of New York City safe. What do cops do arrest people??? I saw 2 NYPD cops sleeping in their cars, WTF??? is wrong with that picture??? Great jobs guys, ya right... The FDNY should be able to recruit more proby's, do to the fact of so many people retiring in the upcoming years, and also do to the jobs becoming more difficult and hazardous. We need those young guys to learn, the way our fallen brothers learned so many years ago, otherwise we will have to rebuild all over again like we did 8 years ago...   

Please don't bash the PD.  We are all in this together.  My firehouse has a very good relationship with the officers in our precinct and I don't envy them of their job.  We all have to work together.  The issue is with the politicians who make the decisions that affect the lives of civil servants and the people we serve. 

I hear you brother, and I totally agree with the Hazards that face FDNY are real and increasing. But also remember NYPD is the largest police force in the County. Its actually larger than most countries military. they do have it TUFF. Working in areas like the 75,67,71,43,41,etc. ( A houses ) Its not that easy. I wish all agencies could get what the proposed in there budget. But don't knock another public service entity. They do work hard. Crime is down. Not because people got nicer. NYPD.
FDNY is better as a group and for there brotherhood.  I Agree on that

Please don"t put the NYPD down. What would the people of NY do without them. We need them. They die for the citizens of NY just like Firefighters do. As a retired Firefighter from Connecticut, and now on the outside looking in, I realize how we depend on both Firefighters and Police Officers for our public safty. I"m sure glad they are there.

E

eng1aux415

Ya, I guess your right, but It's true they do need more proby's, otherwise they have a the same problem as we had before, alot of new guys but no old timers to teach them the ropes...

eng1aux415 said:
Ya, I guess your right, but It's true they do need more proby's, otherwise they have a the same problem as we had before, alot of new guys but no old timers to teach them the ropes...

what you just said controdicts itself, if you get more probies then you will have more new guys, not old guys.

Well  once again the gov officals are at it again,,

we vote for them and get them in for good paying jobs and in return  they give nothing

just think for a moment we vote we are not helping ourselves only them their families and there pockets 

heres one for the books guy on the job gets a ticket for dropping his kid at school traffic agent write the summons and makes a note had FDNY placard in dash..  city sends a letter to him if you fail to pay we understand you are a city employee we will garnish your salary

i said go put therir fires out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you put your life on the line and the gov of nyc looks to hurt you in the pocket..

meanwhile nypd mos speeds off duty and blows red light they cover for one another.. they gen rev not fd

wake up people smell the coffee the gov is only for themselves and they only deploy public safety so they can not get sued if someone dies

the answer is do not vote and when they come and beg vote for me tell them go clode another firehouse i do it with all the elections

we have to take care of one another ...rich people can not do it for us they do not CARE about us or our families

this is there main reason why the cut safety funds...they have money  new elevator keys will be issued to all ems units in the field oh and bloomberg just sent out heap checks for $50.00 this past jan..and when ems arrives on location with a patient they ask do u have insurance.. the pull out a medicaid card  and in the backround they have there 52 inch color tv  the thin screen.. and they walk to the ambulance with their $135.00 sneakers  living in gov funded housing..

you can afford medical insurance and you work  gove tells u we have no money..thats true they have it for the ones who dont work and people like us work and pay taxes to support the above example...

think about it people

be safe and stay low :(

I think 108 has brought up a good point. Don"t count on politicians to take care of things. They are only concerned with their own self image, their own pockets, and the big cash contributers who help them get where they are. Most Firefighters or average workers for that matter are NOT able to attend a $10,000.00 dinner plate. Who would you take care of, the average Joe, who you don"t even know or the Big Boy who you met at your dinner party for that fee. I ask you, "What has an politician done directly for you or your family"? I my 60 years, I can NOT really point a finger to any special favor a politician has done for me. Very few, if any, can relate to what a Firefighters job is or do they really care. Don"t count on them for help. !!!!

nfd2004 said:
...They are only concerned with their own self image, their own pockets, and the big cash contributers who help them get where they are. ... Don"t count on them for help. !!!!

The three most important things to a politician are:
1. Get re-elected.
2. Get re-elected.
3. Get re-elected.
If you are not part of that program they do not/will not know you.

And that is another argument for term limitations.  Perhaps if these parasites understood they would be permanently out of office in a couple of years they would grow some nerve and do the right thing.

Just look what the Mayor and his City Council cronies pulled off.  They can't stand the thought of being out of power!

baileyjeff said:
Any official news on what companies are being disbanded and when?

No, not official.

However, the list of companies that was mentioned on this forum has been matched by other lists that have surfaced around the web, but agian, nothing official.

Without getting drawn into this very political subject too deeply, looking at the companies that are 'rumoured' to be under threat, there is a bit of a pattern to the locations of the companies in question. I was at a loose end one evening so did a bit map studying etc...i really need to get out more!!!

But in answer to the question, no nothing yet, however i dont think it will be too long.

:mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Hopefully with the money the city is getting from the the stimulus package the list will shorter or non existent.

Has the city announced which units if any will be disbanded? Correct me if I am wrong, the city needs to give the community boards a 3-4 month notice before they disband a unit, correct?

baileyjeff said:
Has the city announced which units if any will be disbanded? Correct me if I am wrong, the city needs to give the community boards a 3-4 month notice before they disband a unit, correct?

The city has not anounced any thing yet.BUT the department I'm sure has a target list that's hasn't been released other than the first 4 night closures will more than likely become permanant. The city only has to give 45 days notice when changing levels of safety protection.

If the city does decide to close any additional fire companies I thin k Bloomberg can kiss his bid for reelection goodbye. He already lost my vote in May of 2003.

H

HAZ-MAT 1

Heard from a buddy at E33/L9 that they got a fax saying L9 will be shut down in 2010. He thinks someone was pulling there leg. Lets hope so. He said it wasn't on Dept. letter head