Queens,NY Video Captures Teen Mob Beating Up Off-Duty Firefighter 7/23/2021

I suppose any record collectors here can toss their copy of Louis Armstrong's "What a wonderful world." It sure doesn't fit today's society.

I watched that video. Like so many of our cities today, the crime is TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL.

I am concerned about many of my good friends who live and/or work in NYC. Your lives are at risk every time you go out there.

Of course that is also true these days no matter where you live. BUT the risk is Much Higher in a place like NYC.

On here, I often talk or joke about the Ole' Homestead here in Connecticut. Of course we too have our pockets of criminal activity and danger but it is primarily in limited areas. Places that are easy to avoid.

BUT, no matter where you live, Big City or Small Town, USA, our police officers are out there dealing with this stuff on a daily basis. People assaulted, shot, robbed, home invasions, etc. Businesses of course are always at high risk.

I really worry about all those dedicated police officers who are out there trying to protect all of us. They are dealing with our societies worst element, including some with some serious past convictions who are roaming our streets.
Yes, "Cops Lives Matter" too.

Many of us here were out there helping people most of our lives. Whether it were a city paid or volunteer firefighter, maybe a police officer, an EMT or Paramedic, or a Dispatcher who answered our thousands of calls for help every day, as well as many military members who gave so much to Our Country. There are many others too such as those who care for the sick or elderly.

"memorymaster", lets take a look back to that famous song by Louis Armstrong called; "What a Wonderful World". For this we go back to the year 1967. A very good year for me. It was the year I finally made it and graduated from high school.
"No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks" (Remember that one ? )
As we view this video, those of us who have been around for a while ask ourselves, "Where did we go wrong" ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWzrABouyeE

My family moved to Middle Village in 1961 from Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It was actually my Grandfather who bought the house after retiring from the FDNY L104 in 1957. A few years later, I guess he thought it was time to move us to “The Country.” At the time I was 8 years old.

They bought a house on 70th Street, off of Juniper Blvd South. At the time, it really seemed like the country compared to South 4th Street. It was a dead-end street with chicken coops at the end of the street, and Juniper Valley Park was my backyard. It did not look anything like it does today. It truly was a great place to grow up.

I remember the park going through some tough times in the late 60’s and early 70’s. Drugs were the biggest problem. We knew which parts of the park to stay away from. I never felt unsafe walking around or through the park. I also never remember anything that remotely resembled what happen to this man and his dog on Friday night. Thank God he wasn’t seriously injured or killed.

I never thought I would see the day that the Guardian Angels would be needed to patrol the park.

I moved out of MV in 1990 and started a family of my own. The house on 70th Street still remains in the family. My brother‘s daughter and her family are still there. I can only hope that this remains an isolated incident and that MV always remains the little slice of paradise that it was for me.

It‘s time for a new Administration. It’s time to take the handcuffs off the police and put them back where they belong, on the criminals, who are set out to destroy the greatest city in the world.

I grew up in Glendale but spent a good part of my time hanging around Juniper on my bicycle. Always felt that area and park where one of the safer places in the 80's. Can't believe this took place in that area.

I watched that video. Like so many of our cities today, the crime is TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL.

I am concerned about many of my good friends who live and/or work in NYC. Your lives are at risk every time you go out there.

Of course that is also true these days no matter where you live. BUT the risk is Much Higher in a place like NYC.

On here, I often talk or joke about the Ole' Homestead here in Connecticut. Of course we too have our pockets of criminal activity and danger but it is primarily in limited areas. Places that are easy to avoid.

BUT, no matter where you live, Big City or Small Town, USA, our police officers are out there dealing with this stuff on a daily basis. People assaulted, shot, robbed, home invasions, etc. Businesses of course are always at high risk.

I really worry about all those dedicated police officers who are out there trying to protect all of us. They are dealing with our societies worst element, including some with some serious past convictions who are roaming our streets.
Yes, "Cops Lives Matter" too.

Many of us here were out there helping people most of our lives. Whether it were a city paid or volunteer firefighter, maybe a police officer, an EMT or Paramedic, or a Dispatcher who answered our thousands of calls for help every day, as well as many military members who gave so much to Our Country. There are many others too such as those who care for the sick or elderly.

"memorymaster", lets take a look back to that famous song by Louis Armstrong called; "What a Wonderful World". For this we go back to the year 1967. A very good year for me. It was the year I finally made it and graduated from high school.
"No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks" (Remember that one ? )
As we view this video, those of us who have been around for a while ask ourselves, "Where did we go wrong" ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWzrABouyeE

If only he had a gun he might have been able to defend himself somewhat. Also I think they should put these kids parents in jail with them

mack

Administrator
Repulsive, but unfortunately, not surprising.

This FDNY firefighter risks his life going to work every day. He should not have to risk his life walking his dog off duty in a city park.

Last edited: