Rescue 1

Bulldog

Bulldog
I saw somewhere on here, I think, that Seagrave is not a single source provider for rescue apparatus (i.e. Seagrave builds the cab and chassis and another builder builds the box). The city has required a single source provider for apparatus since Hurricane Sandy
I'm not sure if that would be an issue if Seagrave would do the warranty backup for the entire piece of apparatus. It may be a technicality however.

Bulldog

Bulldog
I know they're also in REV Group, but curious to see how Boston's new E-One R-1 and R-2 rigs hold up.
Unfortunately from what I've read the E-One and Ferrara rescue rigs are basically the same.

I believe everything on order right now except the rescue type trucks (Rescues and HazMats) are Seagrave and I'm not really sure why Seagrave doesn't bid or at least hasn't won any of the bids for rescues. The slot used to be that they didn't make rescues with SS bodies but they do now.
seagrave did bid on the last round of rescues, but was to high

Bulldog

Bulldog
seagrave did bid on the last round of rescues, but was to high
Unfortunately, FDNY is finding out that the low bidder isn't always the best bidder! Many corporations have changed their buying systems to buy from the "best bidder" and not always buy from the lowest bidder. Maybe this is something that FDNY should consider especially based on the experience they are having busy present group of new rescues?

Final Answer on New R1…. It has a lot of issues. It’s going back to Ferrara….. for all the new rigs they are taking a little longer due to COVID and parts coming in from all over….. New Rescue 1 will not! I repeat will not be ready until next year! Over 350 items have to be fixed! That’s right! 350 items. Wait until Hazmat 1 comes in how many issues that will have
I can't believe that they had gone with Ferrara angin.

Final Answer on New R1…. It has a lot of issues. It’s going back to Ferrara….. for all the new rigs they are taking a little longer due to COVID and parts coming in from all over….. New Rescue 1 will not! I repeat will not be ready until next year! Over 350 items have to be fixed! That’s right! 350 items. Wait until Hazmat 1 comes in how many issues that will have

I’m surprised the city hasn’t told them to rebuild it or something along those lines, the rescue is a 2019 correct? 3 years later and it’s still not in service. I understand how complex a rescue is, but think of all the 2020 & 2021 engines and towers already in service.

The bids where awarded before Ferrara was taken over by Rev group and pre Covid. Since the take over by Rev group their, Quality control has gone down hill…big time! The original Ferrara rescues have held up very well.

mack

Administrator
Rev Group is huge.

It owns these businesses:

mack

Administrator

Rev Group history since 2006 from their website below. Looks like they acquire and divest companies rapidly.

REV GROUP JOURNEY FROM OUR BEGINNINGS TO TODAY​

ACQUIRES​

SP-logo4.jpg
    SP-logo-1.jpg
    SP-logo-2.jpg
    SP-logo-3.jpg
  • DIVESTS​

timeline_logo32

timeline_logo33

timeline_logo34

timeline_logo35

timeline_logo36

timeline_logo37

mack

Administrator

ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo30

ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo26
  • ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo27

ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo22
  • ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo23
  • LAUNCHES​

timeline_logo24

timeline_logo25

ASV RENAMED AND REBRANDED REV GROUP​

timeline_logo21

mack

Administrator

ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo7

AEV_3D_CMYK-NO_TAG2.png
    timeline_logo9
  • ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo10

ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo5
  • ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo6

americancoach

gs-logo.png

ACQUIRES​

timeline_logo1.svg

timeline_logo2.svg

CAPA_Logo.png
    timeline_logo4

Just saw a video of Rescue 1, on Instagram by “ffnj1” the truck appears to be in a shop, it’s on the drivers side but as they get to the rear of the truck it looks to have chevrons.

Just saw a video of Rescue 1, on Instagram by “ffnj1” the truck appears to be in a shop, it’s on the drivers side but as they get to the rear of the truck it looks to have chevrons.
the new R1 does have them, red / white on front bumper and red / white on the back end. Skylerfire video from youtube --->

Last edited: