Satellite units

dan said:
Supposedly all 6 satellites going back to have serious steering defects addressed by manufacturer. The Mack MR/Ferraras still in service/placed back in service.

Shwew ... :(

dan said:
Supposedly all 6 satellites going back to have serious steering defects addressed by manufacturer. The Mack MR/Ferraras still in service/placed back in service.

Wow. I wonder what Ferrara did/might have done to cause that. There are thousands of these chassis hauling garbage all over the country, and have been for years. If the defects are part of the chassis, and are that bad, you'd think some Dept of Public Works or garbage contractor would have noticed them by now.

One rumor was that since the manufacturer (Kenworth / Peterbilt?) assembled or got parts of these Satellites fabricated in Mexico (or somewhere outside the U S); there is a UFA contract provision that prevents such apparatus from being used in NY City.

I saw Satellite 6 returning to the city via the NJ Turnpike on my way home today.

Apparently at least one is back . . . but doesn't seem to be in service even tho it was parked on Tillary St. Ryan Zuccaro photo

Attachments

• Sat 6.jpg
    Sat 6.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 73
What will become of the Satellite units being replaced? I led to believe that the guns formerly had been transferred from rig to rig but the new Satellites have a new style gun. Any intel to the old guns disposition?

BCR

What will become of the Satellite units being replaced? I led to believe that the guns formerly had been transferred from rig to rig but the new Satellites have a new style gun. Any intel to the old guns disposition?
Most likely 2 of them will replace the airport hose wagons, my guess is 2 more of them will be retained as spares and the the worst 2 disposed of

I would say that Satellite 1 will be disposed of as it is 4 years older than the other 5.

I thought I had read on another thread that the Satellite units didn't met spec's due to using parts manufactured outside the United States, is this correct?