Simple move.

I hear quite often the dispatcher trying to contact a unit on air & asking unit if they are responding to such & such a box, only to hear officer tell dispatcher, “No, nothing on the MDT, please send it”, followed by the dispatcher telling the unit to “ reset your MDT”.
Dispatchers must wonder, “when are they going to get with the program?” Maybe that’s just me thinking that.

I hear quite often the dispatcher trying to contact a unit on air & asking unit if they are responding to such & such a box, only to hear officer tell dispatcher, “No, nothing on the MDT, please send it”, followed by the dispatcher telling the unit to “ reset your MDT”.
Dispatchers must wonder, “when are they going to get with the program?” Maybe that’s just me thinking that.
I'm lost, the MDTs legitimately freeze.

IPAD works well if it’s charged and on the rig.
MDT works well enough when it’s working. When it’s working. Runs don’t come up. Reset button doesn’t work. Doesn’t accept inputs when you hit “keys” 10-84, codes etc…
As stated above we’ve gone multiple tours with MDT not working and radio not working at same time. Longest stretch almost a week. IPAD and cellphone time.
Electrical wiring gremlins

Time to return to bells, telephone and simple radio signals, i.e. "Signal 18 on box xxxx by order of B.C. XXXX, xx Batt."

I got to agree "memorymaster" even though was NOT a part of the FDNY, but based on how busy it was and how things functioned so well.

Let me add:
Let's bring back those old 154 mhz channels
154.19, 154.25, 154.37, 154.40, and 154.43mhz

MDT works well enough when it’s working. When it’s working. Runs don’t come up. Reset button doesn’t work. Doesn’t accept inputs when you hit “keys” 10-84, codes etc…
As stated above we’ve gone multiple tours with MDT not working and radio not working at same time. Longest stretch almost a week. IPAD and cellphone time.
The late Mercury/Apollo astronaut Alan Shepard said the thing that scared him the most about being shot into outer space was that everything he was riding on was the lowest bidder.

We
we cant even get them to fix our house phone lines. Complete debacle.

I got to agree "memorymaster" even though was NOT a part of the FDNY, but based on how busy it was and how things functioned so well.

Let me add:
Let's bring back those old 154 mhz channels
154.19, 154.25, 154.37, 154.40, and 154.43mhz
VHF has been added back

Does resetting the MDT involve shutting it all the way off and turning back on? How long does the whole process take?

Aren't most of the MDT's new anyway, or are majority of them from the early 2000's?