STREET STRUCTURES.

mack

Administrator
You are right Chief. These temporary structures deteriorate rapidly, fail to be maintained, attract rodents, become eyesores. They are combustable and have little or no security or alarm systems. They detract significantly from the charm of neighborhoods. Sidewalk structures can also diminish safety by diminishing visibility and shielding muggers and thiefs. There apparently are minimal standards required to build these structures. Once constructed, they remain - even if unused.

skiLB

You are right Chief. These temporary structures deteriorate rapidly, fail to be maintained, attract rodents, become eyesores. They are combustable and have little or no security or alarm systems. They detract significantly from the charm of neighborhoods. Sidewalk structures can also diminish safety by diminishing visibility and shielding muggers and thiefs. There apparently are minimal standards required to build these structures. Once constructed, they remain - even if unused.
Very true brother.

NorthPhillyCowboy

I couldn't agree more! They've become a nuisance here in Center City and South Philadelphia. I cringe and I'm not even driving anymore; thankfully, my aide doesn't flinch and has genius level skills behind the wheel.